Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:40 AM

7 posts, read 85,268 times

Advertisements

Thanks verymuch for your info..Anyway, I will be in touch with you..
rgds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 05:25 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,504,538 times
Been off line for a few days. I have some good pics of the exterior of the hospital, I had no time to step inside.

I have heard for years how much in demand nurses are here. I have heard that Riverside was making down payments on homes for transferring nurses.
We have a lot of nurses here from the Philippines, the hospitals recruit nurses from there and help them with citizenship.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Been off line for a few days. I have some good pics of the exterior of the hospital, I had no time to step inside.

I have heard for years how much in demand nurses are here. I have heard that Riverside was making down payments on homes for transferring nurses.
We have a lot of nurses here from the Philippines, the hospitals recruit nurses from there and help them with citizenship.
Hi.........
Thanks a lot for ur info...I am eagerly waiting forur pics..
rgds

Old 04-29-2007, 06:48 PM

38,616 posts, read 22,612,889 times
Default Jury duty in Bellflower

Last week on Monday, 4/23, I had to report for jury duty at the Bellflower courthouse, at 1:30 p.m., which was bad enough (had to leave work early and go directly to the courthouse). However, around 3:15, all of us in the jury assembly room had to go inside the courtroom for possible selection on a case. We weren't in there for more than two minutes when the judge told all of us potential jurors that we were dismissed, and to go back to the assembly area to turn in our badges. (It appears that the two attorneys and the judge were having some kind of disagreement. )

When I got home, it was about 3:45, which is about the time I arrive home from work (I get off work at 3:30).

A couple things the Bellflower courthouse has going for it, as far as I'm concerned:
1) It's only two miles from my house; and
2) It's a very nicely appointed facility. The jury assembly room has nice carpeting and furnishings, and piped-in radio music from KOST 103.5 FM.

The other courthouses I've been to for jury duty were Compton, Huntington Park and Whittier. Out of all of them, Bellflower wins hands down.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 PM

38,616 posts, read 22,612,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastFutureCalifornia View Post
Hello there, I thought I'd lend a little expertise to your questions, as I'm a long-time resident of the general area (having been born and raised in the city of Cerritos, I'm 23 years old and Filipino-American); please note, I talk about the area in general because I don't live in Bellflower, and I'll talk about surrounding cities:

<snipped>
I grew up in Cerritos, and lived there when there were still lots of dairies (and the smell that usually accompanies them). Looking back, my parents wished they could've kept our Cerritos house, which is within walking distance to what is now Cerritos Towne Center. When we first moved into the house WAY back in 1971, my parents bought the house, brand new at the time (no landscaping in the front or back yards), for $30,000. That same house is now worth $650,000-$700,000.

I'm also a Cerritos High School alumnus, having gone there before you were born (now I feel old! ). My two sisters went to Whitney High School.

I've always loved Cerritos, and always will. I live in Lakewood now, but still go to Cerritos on a regular basis (I usually shop at Trader Joe's and Wal-Mart).

Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Films..

Do u know any recent films which has been shot in LA or Bellflower area?
Rgds

Old 11-13-2011, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,925 times
I live in la Palma I lived in bellflower for 13 years and loved it but I recommend la Palma it is great I know this is kinda of late (almost 5 years) but oh well

Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,504,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benalaxander View Post
Rgds
They filmed some scenes for Spiderman in Bellflower. American Pie in Naples off 2nd street. They film every where. A couple weeks ago Warner Bros. dressed up a old church on Bellflower Blvd south of Artesia to look like a old movie theater for the 20's. The theater was called Slappy Maxies I believe, took some pictures of it.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,888,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benalaxander View Post
Rgds
Bellflower (2011) - IMDb

This film was shot in Ventura County - but I believe that the main characters initially live in Bellflower - and perhaps their disillusionment with this fact causes them to be obsessed with flame throwers and imminent apocolypse!

Old 06-07-2015, 02:01 AM

71 posts, read 110,814 times
I notice there is an inordinate amount of hill billy-ish, trailer trashy type of white folks living in bellflower.. But as soon as I cross into nearby Lakewood, white folks are cleaner and more conservative looking... Just bizarre to me.. But people in bellflower are unpretentious in general and I feel more at home there for some odd reason.. Long beach folks are a bit pretentious and snobby... And yes, the vacant buildings, along bellflower blvd and other parts of bellflower is not a pretty sight..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles