U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM
 
1 posts, read 10,732 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Hey people, well unfortunately i live in Compton and this city has been having the most murder rates per capita in the untited states in most of the past and recent years. This city has roughly about 55% hispanics, 40% african-amercans, and less than 5% of pacific islanders, whites, and american indians. And well since ive been all over the US quite a bit, i have noticed definitely that us hispanics are the cause for the most dangerous crime, murders. im sorry but its true guys, we're the ones to blame for all these murders and tortures. Well living here in Compton i have seen some TERRIBLE things this place is a death sentence while there are not alot of rapes, robberies, etc, the most dangerous crimes, murders and tortures, happen all the time! It sucks because i know soo many people who died from a homocide, it angers me!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2007, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 11,195,306 times
Reputation: 802
St. Louis, Detroit, and East New York have higher murder rates than Compton. But Compton is really bad. At least LA's crime rate is dropping...15% last year. LA's crime rate dropped 15% in one year! Amazing. That is why I'm moving to LA. New York's crime rate dropped but it's rising again because of the amount of NYPD cops leaving for higher paying depts. outside the city. I love New York, but we need to pay the cops enough so they don't have to use food stamps. It's ridiculous. I can't even imagine what New York will be like in 5 more years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 02:34 PM
 
82 posts, read 509,873 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
St. Louis, Detroit, and East New York have higher murder rates than Compton. But Compton is really bad. At least LA's crime rate is dropping...15% last year. LA's crime rate dropped 15% in one year! Amazing. That is why I'm moving to LA. New York's crime rate dropped but it's rising again because of the amount of NYPD cops leaving for higher paying depts. outside the city. I love New York, but we need to pay the cops enough so they don't have to use food stamps. It's ridiculous. I can't even imagine what New York will be like in 5 more years.
Read somewhere that if New York City had the same population density as the state of Alaska, there would be 16 people there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
 
Location: North Dakota Farm
322 posts, read 1,195,918 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT1212 View Post
Hey people, well unfortunately i live in Compton and this city has been having the most murder rates per capita in the untited states in most of the past and recent years. This city has roughly about 55% hispanics, 40% african-amercans, and less than 5% of pacific islanders, whites, and american indians. And well since ive been all over the US quite a bit, i have noticed definitely that us hispanics are the cause for the most dangerous crime, murders. im sorry but its true guys, we're the ones to blame for all these murders and tortures. Well living here in Compton i have seen some TERRIBLE things this place is a death sentence while there are not alot of rapes, robberies, etc, the most dangerous crimes, murders and tortures, happen all the time! It sucks because i know soo many people who died from a homocide, it angers me!
I have a question....I live in a very low-crime state...a county that has not had a murder since I don't even know when...if ever. My husband and I were driving through St. Louis, MO when I had to go to the bathroom. I asked him to stop at a gas station which I pointed out and he laughed, said something to the effect of 'yeah right' and kept going. Then he told me why....of all the places in the state, that was one area you DON'T want to enter.... my question is... how does someone as naive as me...being from a virtually crimeless place know where it's safe to stop? You talk about the high crime where you live, but how would someone like me know if I'm passing through? What do you assume would happen if I...a White as white can be Canadian nonetheless happened into an area like yours by mistake or because I was lost?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 PM
 
989 posts, read 5,728,050 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithns View Post
Read somewhere that if New York City had the same population density as the state of Alaska, there would be 16 people there.
Hahahahaha... This is the most random and coolest fact ever!!! Thanks for sharing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 11,195,306 times
Reputation: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_eh_ND View Post
I have a question....I live in a very low-crime state...a county that has not had a murder since I don't even know when...if ever. My husband and I were driving through St. Louis, MO when I had to go to the bathroom. I asked him to stop at a gas station which I pointed out and he laughed, said something to the effect of 'yeah right' and kept going. Then he told me why....of all the places in the state, that was one area you DON'T want to enter.... my question is... how does someone as naive as me...being from a virtually crimeless place know where it's safe to stop? You talk about the high crime where you live, but how would someone like me know if I'm passing through? What do you assume would happen if I...a White as white can be Canadian nonetheless happened into an area like yours by mistake or because I was lost?
The way people look at you will tell you if the neighborhood is a safe place, try reading the graffiti and see if there’s gang names, and watch for colors (bandanas, hats, shirts).

In an area like East Harlem or Brownsville, Brooklyn, which is Bloods turf, they are known for slitting innocent civilians’ faces. At first they weren’t a big gang in New York at all but now they’re the biggest unorganized gang in the city followed by the Latin Kings who are also known for committing Blood type crimes on civilians.

The largest organized gang is the Italian Mafia and the Russian Mob. You don’t have to worry about them unless you insult them or are a threat to them. They are very short-tempered. Even the slightest amount of disrespect such as beeping a horn at them or not saying “Thank you” if they hold a door for you will cause them to feel insulted and that’s not a good thing.

If you happen to get lost in an area like East Harlem in a car, keep your doors locked and windows closed. If on foot, make sure you have a phone or call a police officer for help. It might not seem like an emergency, but NYPD officers like my uncle will pick somebody up if they’re lost in a high-crime neighborhood.

TLOZ Link5, a member of wirednewyork.com was killed in Washington Heights, a neighborhood near Harlem last Spring. He was a young NYU student just walking through a neighborhood he always loved and some punk kids thought he’d be a good person to rob and now he’s dead.

I’m not trying to scare you, but people should know about these things. It’ll save so many lives.

My uncle taught me all this stuff during ride-alongs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Santa Barbara
642 posts, read 2,972,731 times
Reputation: 453
Yep, have to agree that was totally random, very cool, and also made me wonder what it would be like with 16 people . . . I wonder what sort of race etc they would be, what sort of church or religion, what their houses would look like.

But sorry CPT1212 we digress . . . it is very sad what is happening in Compton. Yet as Future cop mentioned the crime rate going down is a positive development and if they can do it once, it is patternable, so let's hope what ever new policies, hiring, community efforts that impacted this crime reduction continues. My blessings to you, your family, and all of those in your neighborhood. It must be very sad and stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Hahahahaha... This is the most random and coolest fact ever!!! Thanks for sharing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 11:49 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
652 posts, read 2,720,284 times
Reputation: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The largest organized gang is the Italian Mafia and the Russian Mob.
The Italian mafia? Where am I, 1955?

BTW, the "Russian" mob is actually Jewish.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2007, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Working on relocating
800 posts, read 4,160,280 times
Reputation: 505
I relate. I live near Detroit, a.k.a. Murder City. I haven't lived in Detroit proper since I was a kid. But, I learned my 'street smarts' quick

I'm not politically active any more on these issues as I was in college. Currently, I'm more spiritually active (not religious, btw)...I say lots of prayers and send much healing to areas of the world with high rates of violence and crime. I know I'm only one person, but I still can make a small difference.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 AM
 
Location: North Dakota Farm
322 posts, read 1,195,918 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The way people look at you will tell you if the neighborhood is a safe place, try reading the graffiti and see if there’s gang names, and watch for colors (bandanas, hats, shirts).

In an area like East Harlem or Brownsville, Brooklyn, which is Bloods turf, they are known for slitting innocent civilians’ faces. At first they weren’t a big gang in New York at all but now they’re the biggest unorganized gang in the city followed by the Latin Kings who are also known for committing Blood type crimes on civilians.

The largest organized gang is the Italian Mafia and the Russian Mob. You don’t have to worry about them unless you insult them or are a threat to them. They are very short-tempered. Even the slightest amount of disrespect such as beeping a horn at them or not saying “Thank you” if they hold a door for you will cause them to feel insulted and that’s not a good thing.

If you happen to get lost in an area like East Harlem in a car, keep your doors locked and windows closed. If on foot, make sure you have a phone or call a police officer for help. It might not seem like an emergency, but NYPD officers like my uncle will pick somebody up if they’re lost in a high-crime neighborhood.

TLOZ Link5, a member of wirednewyork.com was killed in Washington Heights, a neighborhood near Harlem last Spring. He was a young NYU student just walking through a neighborhood he always loved and some punk kids thought he’d be a good person to rob and now he’s dead.

I’m not trying to scare you, but people should know about these things. It’ll save so many lives.

My uncle taught me all this stuff during ride-alongs.

This is GOOD to know!! I don't want to be put in a situation like this so it's best to just avoid it!! Thanks for sharing. I will keep this in mind next time we're travelling.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top