U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:18 PM

296 posts, read 741,282 times

Advertisements

Very good choice, Mr Mpls.

The description of where and how you would have been living if you had come to LA sounded like a nightmare. Best of luck to you.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:20 PM

197 posts, read 540,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a G.R.I.T.S. View Post
Obviosuly none of know what is best for this young man, what his future holds and what he will or won't regret, but he asked for opinions and that is what he got - God Bless the USA !

He's decided to put his life on the line to defend us and our right to publicly share those opinions, including the rude and stupid ones.

As a parent, I'd rather see my children in the military than living in a Civic, JC76 may be the one needing advice.

Statistically the military is probably less dangerous than the streets of LA. And it sure as heck provides a far better foundation from which to build a successful future.
+ 1 and the Air Force will be a better place than the Marines, not that I don't like the Marine Corps. Outta boot, he may get some very useful tech training that will translate into a nice job in the private sector upon his discharge. Or, he may find a career in the AF. Nice bennies if he does.

I sure wish I was able to detach at military enlistment age. The stupid things I thought were important then are nothing now. The people, the work, the cars, all nothing to me now.

But a pension would have been nice.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:05 PM

10,630 posts, read 23,947,770 times
His question is answered, he's made his decision, so this thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or