U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 11:25 AM

1,213 posts, read 2,362,691 times

Advertisements

I just want to know what other people think of Encino?
I couldn't believe the wicked deal I found on my apartment $850 1 bedroom with parking space. I thought i'd just go for it because it's real close to my new job.

So who is from Encino? I know it's quiet and there's not much to do but after a stressful day at work I need that peace and quiet. I can deal with Hollywood and all that fun stuff on the weekends.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:21 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,451,979 times
im not in encino, but i always liked tarzana and encino. i wouldnt exactly say there is nothing there, but again im not into clubs or super bourgeois places. there is a large israeli community there and you have aroma so whats not to like lol.
sounds like you got an excellent rate especially with the parking lot. any ideas how much a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom is going for there?

Old 08-15-2009, 12:49 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,359,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
I just want to know what other people think of Encino?
I couldn't believe the wicked deal I found on my apartment $850 1 bedroom with parking space. I thought i'd just go for it because it's real close to my new job.

So who is from Encino? I know it's quiet and there's not much to do but after a stressful day at work I need that peace and quiet. I can deal with Hollywood and all that fun stuff on the weekends.

Well Im not from Encino but I've spent many years between there and Sherman Oaks. We at one time lived on the border of Sherman Oaks and Encino and I coached my stepsons Little League team in Encino for a number of years.

Its a nice area and I still am there often. Usually to go running around the golf course at Lake Balboa or to eat at one of my favorite weekend breakfast/lunch places More Than Waffles. When I was in middle school at Portola in Tarzana, we used to head over to Encino to goof off.

I like their Barnes and Noble and my hair salon is there as well. I guess Im there pretty often still.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:13 PM

1,213 posts, read 2,362,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
im not in encino, but i always liked tarzana and encino. i wouldnt exactly say there is nothing there, but again im not into clubs or super bourgeois places. there is a large israeli community there and you have aroma so whats not to like lol.
sounds like you got an excellent rate especially with the parking lot. any ideas how much a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom is going for there?

i'll find out from my landlord on monday and let you know.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 PM

12 posts, read 39,973 times
I follow this thread with interest. My wife and I currently rent a very small place in Hollywood Hills. We split time between Austin and L.A., and it is looking like we will be making a permanent move to C.A. soon.

Funny that "More than Waffles" was mentioned. I discovered it and have had 2 meals there the past week. Great place!.

Our business takes us all over L.A., but mainly Hollywood, West Hollywood, Studio City, Sherman Oaks and Burbank. An Occasional trip to Santa Monica. However, one of us will need to get to LAX at least 2 times a month.

We enjoy "family" life. We spend a lot of time looking for the right area to settle. Not into the every night party scene and looking for a great place to call home. I need a house as I am not going to fight for a parking space every night. Is Encino the spot or if not where?

Old 08-15-2009, 09:45 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,451,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Challenge View Post
I follow this thread with interest. My wife and I currently rent a very small place in Hollywood Hills. We split time between Austin and L.A., and it is looking like we will be making a permanent move to C.A. soon.

Funny that "More than Waffles" was mentioned. I discovered it and have had 2 meals there the past week. Great place!.

Our business takes us all over L.A., but mainly Hollywood, West Hollywood, Studio City, Sherman Oaks and Burbank. An Occasional trip to Santa Monica. However, one of us will need to get to LAX at least 2 times a month.

We enjoy "family" life. We spend a lot of time looking for the right area to settle. Not into the every night party scene and looking for a great place to call home. I need a house as I am not going to fight for a parking space every night. Is Encino the spot or if not where?
hah i am leaving la to go to austin!

anyway i totally understand the wanting the security of actually having a parking spot at night. i am the same way. i dont like the idea of having to park blocks away from where i live (i always think of carrying bags of groceries and walking back and forth, back and forth and have done this actually hah).

if you are looking for a house and want more of a family area, you definitely should check out the valley. encino sounds like it might be what you are looking for, but based on just parking, most of the valley would be doable. it definitely gets easier for parking the more north of ventura blvd you go (where i live). if you want to stay right by encino, check out tarzana and woodland hills.

i actually think woodland hills is a great place to raise a family and it feels more suburban, but you have plenty of places nearby (movies, malls, restaurants, bowling alley, etc). the public schools in the woodland hills area are great too with parents frequently being involved, and they are TRULY DIVERSE (i am a substitute teacher-yes i know i make many typos but i can assure you i am not lazy at all in the classroom).

parking will be more difficult further down on ventura in studio city and sherman oaks, but if you have a house i would figure you would have a driveway and could fit like 2 cars there (dont know how many cars you guys have though). i defintely think these areas have more "action", but i think woodland hills is a bit more relaxed. just my 2 cents.

everytime i go to studio city, sherman oaks, and encino for something, i usually manage to find some spot on a residential street and just walk on ventura (always managed to get where i needed within a 10 minute walk). i avoid meters when i can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles