U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM

3 posts, read 3,636 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My friend and myself are about to come to [URL="http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g32655-Los_Angeles_California-Vacations.html"]LA[/URL] next week. We will be there for two weeks and will definitely visit canyon ... san francisco and of course LA.

I would like to know :

I'm looking for hostel or motel or a place to sleep but very eccentric, different, original... like in france we have some place to sleep in the trees which is cool and fun or in the tant ..

I'm looking for the same for eating ... kind of resaurant where u eat seat on the floor or with your sight hidded so you cant see what will you eat ... things like that.

Otherwise I heard bout a pass to do lot of activity in LA like the universali park ... maybe some part of the canyon, can you tell me more about it ??

THANKS A LOT guys,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 AM

75,072 posts, read 87,503,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinou34 View Post
Hi,

My friend and myself are about to come to LA next week. We will be there for two weeks and will definitely visit canyon ... san francisco and of course LA.

I would like to know :

I'm looking for hostel or motel or a place to sleep but very eccentric, different, original... like in france we have some place to sleep in the trees which is cool and fun or in the tant ..

I'm looking for the same for eating ... kind of resaurant where u eat seat on the floor or with your sight hidded so you cant see what will you eat ... things like that.

Otherwise I heard bout a pass to do lot of activity in LA like the universali park ... maybe some part of the canyon, can you tell me more about it ??

THANKS A LOT guys,
I am going to be interested to see if anyone has any suggestions for you. I haven't seen many people sleeping in trees unless the were stung out on something. Enjoy your visit to CAlifornia.

Nita

Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 AM

7,141 posts, read 19,556,706 times
i know of a place called Opaque in Santa Monica where you eat in the dark. As for funky neighborhoods with hostels, you'll definitely want to stay in Venice.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:57 AM

2,178 posts, read 4,958,553 times
maybe only venice for you in So. Cal. further north, i'd try arcata. even further north: anywhere in oregon.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,451,979 times
hosteling was never that big in the states imo because you can get hotels and motels really cheap especially if you are coming with friends. anyway, there is a place in hollywood called hollywood backpackers i WOULDNT reccomend. a british friend of mine had stayed there and said it attracts homeless people and drug addicts who rent rooms there.

i would vouch for the hostel in venice though. if you want a good location though and a clean hostel, the hostel international in santa monica is great. its right by the beach, you are walking distance to restaurants, bars, and shopping, and you can take the big blue bus to get places. thing is, it isnt funky. imo, most of the westside isnt, but the location is good.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:43 PM

559 posts, read 1,161,401 times
Probably a bit late and out of the way, but these are an authentic and eccentric piece of roadside Americana:

<http://www.wigwammotel.com/>

They are motels in the shape of wigwams/teepees. Unfortunately, they are in Rialto/San Bernardino which is quite a distance from Los Angeles (100km?). On the other hand, if you are planning to travel along Route 66, it's on the way.

Enjoy your trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or