U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:55 PM

9 posts, read 32,451 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am moving to Santa Clarita and cannot stand traffic. I mean, absolutely horrendously cannot stand it. I break things. Like my steering wheel, the window... but we won't go there.

SO, the healthy thing to do is look into the metro to work during the week? I need to be at work by about 9:45AM. My workplace is off of the Hollywood Way exit in Burbank off the 134 (near Lankershim/Cahuenga).

A few questions, please:

1) Is it possible to take my motorcycle from my place in Santa Clarita to the metro station and leave it there *for no charge*?

2) Is it possible to leave my car at the Burbank station *for no charge*?

3) Is there a *free* shuttle that will take me from the Burbank station (or the nearest metro station in that area) to work?

Just trying to figure out the best way to get to work. I'm thinking I can ride my motorcycle to the metro station in SC, leave it there, take the metro to the Burbank station, take my car that's parked there to work. On the way home, I drive to the metro station, leave my car there overnight, take the metro to SC, ride my parked motorcycle home.

Open for ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 05:08 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,451,237 times
First off, your plan is to ride METROLINK, not METRO. People often confuse the two. Metrolink is a commuter rail agency and Metro operates public transit like buses, light rail, and the subway in L.A. County. They are not the same agency. The station in Santa Clarita is part of Metrolink as is Burbank Downtown Station. Metrolink :: Welcome

There should be free parking at both stations per the Metrolink website. They have a station list and the number of parking spots at each station. If there is a fee to park at a station they list it there. Santa Clarita and Burbank both don't have a parking fee listed. Spots are first come first serve with Santa Clarita having 350 and downtown Burbank having 450.

There is not shuttle, but there is the Burbank Bus. Check and see if the Pink Line bus goes by your work. In runs every twenty minutes at the times you will be traveling from the Downtown Burbank Station down toward Hollywood Way and the 134 via Alamedia in the media district. You could also check Metro to see if they have a bus that passes your work from the station.
http://www.burbankbus.org/

Old 08-21-2009, 11:30 PM

2,875 posts, read 10,120,853 times
There are also commuter express buses serving various areas in LA from SCV, City of Santa Clarita Transit : Commuter Express (http://www.santaclaritatransit.com/Index.aspx?page=42 - broken link).

Old 08-21-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOnTheFloor View Post
Hi there,

I am moving to Santa Clarita and cannot stand traffic. I mean, absolutely horrendously cannot stand it. I break things. Like my steering wheel, the window... but we won't go there.
Afterthought: Santa Clarita is one of the most car-based cities around. If you get so mad in traffic, why not find a place more suited to walking/transit? Pasadena comes to mind. Or, find a nice neighborhood in Burbank close to your job. Why Santa Clarita? Just curious.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:51 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,012,391 times
Enjoy your hour plus daily commute to work.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:33 PM

448 posts, read 1,423,419 times
Quote:
Hi there,

SO, the healthy thing to do is look into the metro to work during the week? I need to be at work by about 9:45AM. My workplace is off of the Hollywood Way exit in Burbank off the 134 (near Lankershim/Cahuenga).

A few questions, please:

1) Is it possible to take my motorcycle from my place in Santa Clarita to the metro station and leave it there *for no charge*?

2) Is it possible to leave my car at the Burbank station *for no charge*?

3) Is there a *free* shuttle that will take me from the Burbank station (or the nearest metro station in that area) to work?

Just trying to figure out the best way to get to work. I'm thinking I can ride my motorcycle to the metro station in SC, leave it there, take the metro to the Burbank station, take my car that's parked there to work. On the way home, I drive to the metro station, leave my car there overnight, take the metro to SC, ride my parked motorcycle home.

Open for ideas

Hollywood Way and the intersection of Lankershim/Cahuenga are not that close to each other. Lankershim and Cahuenga connect twice, but they are in Studio City and North Hollywood. My point being, if you want recommendations from us on how to commute, we need to understand if you're going to Hollywood Way (Burbank) or to Lankershim/Cahuenga (NoHo, Studio City).

I too am curious on your choice of Santa Clarita. I lived there for several years before and it is hot and blistery, especially right now. I just went there yesterday to sign my escrow papers for the house I'm about to close on down here in NoHo and I'll tell you it was practically 20 degrees hotter up there. That is 20 degrees hotter than NoHo...you can imagine compared to the beach. Yikes!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABornandRaised View Post
Hollywood Way and the intersection of Lankershim/Cahuenga are not that close to each other. Lankershim and Cahuenga connect twice, but they are in Studio City and North Hollywood. My point being, if you want recommendations from us on how to commute, we need to understand if you're going to Hollywood Way (Burbank) or to Lankershim/Cahuenga (NoHo, Studio City).

I too am curious on your choice of Santa Clarita. I lived there for several years before and it is hot and blistery, especially right now. I just went there yesterday to sign my escrow papers for the house I'm about to close on down here in NoHo and I'll tell you it was practically 20 degrees hotter up there. That is 20 degrees hotter than NoHo...you can imagine compared to the beach. Yikes!
It's the Hollywood Way (Burbank) exit. Santa Clarita: more housing for less, cheaper home prices, less crime, cleaner air.

Appreciate your tips on helping me with my commute!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Afterthought: Santa Clarita is one of the most car-based cities around. If you get so mad in traffic, why not find a place more suited to walking/transit? Pasadena comes to mind. Or, find a nice neighborhood in Burbank close to your job. Why Santa Clarita? Just curious.
Prices way too high anywhere else! Santa Clarita housing prices were on par with my budget.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Enjoy your hour plus daily commute to work.
I don't have to be at work until 10AM, so not really!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Prices way too high anywhere else! Santa Clarita housing prices were on par with my budget.
What about the extra cost in commuting and potentially unneeded aggravation driving and traffic causes you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or