U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,541 times

Advertisements

I'm a 25 year old female, college graduate and president of my own start-up fashion online boutique. I'm looking to move to LA to get out of the East Coast (NYC outskirts), plus I think it will be better for my business. A few friends and I will be moving, about 6 of us, living in separate groups. We are thinking of moving to Manhattan Beach.

Wondering the approximate cost of living (I've searched craig's list and other sites, it seems similar to where I'm from).

I'm moving out there with two entertainment promoters who own there own company and work with music and fashion. As well as 3 or 4 other girls.

I'd say we are pretty good on money, but I want to spend realistically for a place.

I'm also moving out there with my dog, a pit bull, the friendliest you'll ever meet and my motorcycle. I'm wondering how dog friendly and how safe Manhattan Beach and it's surrounding beach neighborhoods are for street bikes.

I'd appreciate any advice, opinions and tips.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 11:52 AM

26,345 posts, read 84,740,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnetti3 View Post
I'm also moving out there with my dog, a pit bull
I'm wondering how dog friendly
What exactly to you mean by "dog friendly"?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 PM

16,615 posts, read 34,678,234 times
As a fellow pit bull owner, I'm pretty sure she means "pit bull friendly". People (and sometimes city government) who don't know the breed tend to believe the hype.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What exactly to you mean by "dog friendly"?
I meant both pit bull friendly (as in people accepting the breed), also, are there dog parks, dogs allowed on beaches and parks, etc.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:42 PM

26,345 posts, read 84,740,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnetti3 View Post
I meant both pit bull friendly (as in people accepting the breed), also, are there dog parks, dogs allowed on beaches and parks, etc.

Most people would feel uncomfortable with a pit bull running leashless through their neighborhoods. They would feel uncomfortable with other reputably aggressive dogs.

Do people actually let pit bulls into dog parks without a leash?

Old 08-22-2009, 04:08 PM

296 posts, read 741,339 times
Well at least you sound like you have a plan, experience, funds, etc in respect of your proposed move to LA, rather than some posters who have said something along the lines of "I am 18 and always dreamed of living in California so off I go to LA".

Best of luck.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:29 PM

1,204 posts, read 4,063,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Most people would feel uncomfortable with a pit bull running leashless through their neighborhoods. They would feel uncomfortable with other reputably aggressive dogs.

Do people actually let pit bulls into dog parks without a leash?

All the time.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:15 AM

2,497 posts, read 6,523,657 times
Here's some helpful words for you: You will be able to drive your motorcycle YEAR ROUND out there!!! That's what I always thought was a big plus of living out west, being able to cut gas costs by riding a motorcycle and actually be able to do it more than just a few months out of the year. Good luck to you!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 AM

14 posts, read 20,538 times
I am from MB living in Boston. The beach (MB, Redondo B. Hermosa B. ect..) will be a no,no, for you dog. You will have to travel North (Venice B), to encounter a more relaxed atmosphere.
Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or