Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM

11 posts, read 20,815 times

Advertisements

@ Soon- Thank you. I love parts of California, but I'm just not sure if I want him to have this kind of upbringing. I'm not sure if I'd like it. Another vote for Dallas aye? I'll think harder on it, thanks!

@Charles- They are as I said in my original post, still in Chicago. I know it's not cheaper to finish my education there. It has nothing to do with that. I'll finish my degree wherever I am no matter the cost. It's more about comfort while I'm completing it, knowing my son is in a place I'm comfortable with. I am thinking about taking your advice and going home. Not for support of my family cause it just isn't there, but I KNOW my city, I know where to raise him and where not to. I know the ups and downs, so if I go back to the north Chi is my first choice.

@Escape-Uh thanks geez! LOL

I find it interesting no one is pushing for me to stay! LOL Except Oxnard brother, and I know how he feels, I like certain parts as well, but to me, in order to appreciate all of the good of SoCal, you have to see all the parts, and I just don't know if I like it for my son, or his mother for that matter.

THANKS GUYS!!! PLEASE KEEP em coming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 04:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
OP is a guy.
whoops, I just figured that out.

Nita

Old 10-02-2009, 04:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam1 View Post
@ Dj Rey- Thanks so much for the input!

@CAtransplant- DC? I just never thought of it. Not harsh winters? Really? I'll look into it

@1200RT- I've heard Scottsdale is just very "Small LA like" Kinda stuck up and snobbish. I'm still trying to get my life together, I don't need people looking down on me cause I don't have a masters, and am single you know?

@nmnita- I just haven't studied much on Pheonix is all. When I studied Scottsdale I just heard a common thread of stuck up, ritzy ditzy and that's why I'm trying to escape LA! LOL

All of my family is in Chicago. They're not the greatest support system. I'm not too upset about not being around them constantly. They're kinda the love-from-a-distance family. My preference of a black church is more centered around my flavor of how I like church to be pertaining to music, preaching styles etc. I'm very involved in ministry so being able to relate to those just like me is easier as well. I'm not against a mixed church at all; just to find one that has the flavor I want, is pretty hard.

I'm a young black MAN tho! LOL And I'll certainly consider DC now that I've heard that being tossed on the list. My mindset is, if I'm going to be in cold, I'll go home! But I will consider. Thanks so much!
sorry about the sex thing: wow that doesn't sound to good huh!! I do see what you meant now about Scottsdale, I think you have heard correctly. As for the church thing I do understand. With all this, I really think your best choice right now would be Dallas.

Nita

Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 PM

23 posts, read 62,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam1 View Post
love parts of California, but I'm just not sure if I want him to have this kind of upbringing. I'm not sure if I'd like it.
Let me get this straight. Your a person with work experience in wal-mart and starbucks. You cant afford a nice house in LA. And you think the people in LA are snobbs because they do have a good job and a nice house?

I'm sorry but how is keeping your son around people who arent successful a better influence then people who are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles