Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:29 PM

24 posts, read 98,318 times

Advertisements

Recently In Studies Shown Los Angeles Has Rising Pass The 4,000,000 Population Mark Which A Little Over 37,000 New Residents Moved Into Los Angeles............................my Prediction Is That In About
10-15 Years Los Angeles Will Become More Populated Than New York Once The Mega Project Is Finished And Condominums Are Finished...............also Because This Is The Movie Capital Of The World , And Is Now The Sports Capital In The Nation Which Now Has Pushed Phoenix Into Second.............

Don't Forget This Is My Prediction Put What You Feel ....................

And Thanks For Reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 03:35 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,573,273 times
Huh? LA doesn't even have a team for in the city for the most popular sport in the US? Until LA gets an NFL team it cannot be the Sports Capital of the US.

Phoenix? Have you ever been to a Dallas Cowboys vs. Arizona Cardinals football game? It is like being at Texas Stadium. Last year when I was there I told a local news crew "Welcome to Texas Stadium West"..they got a kick out that.

New York has the Yankees, they are still the most loved and hated team in America..Followed by the Dallas Cowboys I guess.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Huh? LA doesn't even have a team for in the city for the most popular sport in the US? Until LA gets an NFL team it cannot be the Sports Capital of the US.

Phoenix? Have you ever been to a Dallas Cowboys vs. Arizona Cardinals football game? It is like being at Texas Stadium. Last year when I was there I told a local news crew "Welcome to Texas Stadium West"..they got a kick out that.

New York has the Yankees, they are still the most loved and hated team in America..Followed by the Dallas Cowboys I guess.
IF YOU READ YOUR STATISTICS L.A. BASKETBALL TEAM MAKES MORE REVENUE THAN ALL PHOENIX SPORTS TOGETHER

AND KOBE BRYANT A "LOS ANGELES PLAYER' HAS THE BIGGEST BOUGTH JERSEY RIGHT NOW AND PEOPLE LOVE THE LAKERS 3 TIMES HOW ABOUT THE MAVERICKS

Old 05-08-2007, 03:46 PM

989 posts, read 5,909,613 times
Read the stats on NYC.. they predict adding something like another 3 million in twenty years. LA would have to more than double it's size. LA shouldn't aspire to be like NYC. Keep the housing stock steady and low, --it's the only police force that we have.

Last edited by newportbeachsmostwanted; 05-08-2007 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: correct my information

Old 05-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
If you read the stats on NYC, they predict adding something like 4 or 5 million in twenty years.

LA will never beat that. (Nor should LA ever want to..)
as nyc grows la will grow faster

Old 05-08-2007, 03:49 PM

508 posts, read 1,669,419 times
I think the point is that Phoenix has representation in every major sports organization - MLB, NBA, NFL, etc. . . there are not to many other cities that can claim that fact, not necessarily that the AZ teams are good or make more money than another team. What is important to consider about Los Angeles is where the growth is coming from. Americans are moving out and immigrants are moving in. This leaves a city with no middle class; what is left is the wealthy community that can afford the luxury and the poor hard working immigrants who live in poverty. Take a look at this article that was posted in the Political forum, http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110010045

Very interesting article.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
I think the point is that Phoenix has representation in every major sports organization - MLB, NBA, NFL, etc. . . there are not to many other cities that can claim that fact, not necessarily that the AZ teams are good or make more money than another team. What is important to consider about Los Angeles is where the growth is coming from. Americans are moving out and immigrants are moving in. This leaves a city with no middle class; what is left is the wealthy community that can afford the luxury and the poor hard working immigrants who live in poverty. Take a look at this article that was posted in the Political forum, http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110010045

Very interesting article.
thanks i like your honesty and you gave it positive

Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 PM

oh yeah the immigrants are not even counted in the 4,000,000 by the census

Old 05-08-2007, 03:56 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,573,273 times
LA Does have the most storied basketball team. I agree. But NY has the most storied Baseball team and Dallas has the most storied NFL team. Regardless of the Lakers (NBA is falling) LA still does not have an NFL team and the NFL is the most popular sport in the US. The closest thing to an NFL pro team is the USC football team.

I also agree that the Pro teams in Phoenix are usually weak and the fans are fair weathered.

LA might become the biggest city..who knows. NY has no room to grow and LA only has room to grow north (Palmdale/Lancaster) and up (like you said).

LA is still far behind these cities in terms of being a "Sports City"

NYC (Yanks, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, and Nets)
Philly (Eagles, Phillies, 76ers, and flyers)
Chicago (Bears, Bulls, blackhawks ,Cubs and Sox)

LA is more on tier with Dallas

Dallas (Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks and the annual Texas-OK game)
Los Angeles (Lakers, and Dodgers...with the Angels trying to sneak in)

Old 05-08-2007, 05:06 PM

989 posts, read 5,909,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathebestindaworld View Post
oh yeah the immigrants are not even counted in the 4,000,000 by the census
Did you think they counted them in NYC?

(Randomly, you remind me of a previous poster from Austria..except her username would've been,.. LAISDABESTINDAWORLD)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles