Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM

6 posts, read 11,701 times

Advertisements

Hello to all...

My husband and I are going to be relocating to LA in about a month for work. We are extremely interested in living in Eagle Rock, but their seems to be a real lack of rentals. The only things that seem to posted on craigslist are 1 bedrooms. We are looking at 2 bd and pay up to $2400. Just lookin' for some insight as to why I'm not finding anything.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maitri13 View Post
Hello to all...

My husband and I are going to be relocating to LA in about a month for work. We are extremely interested in living in Eagle Rock, but their seems to be a real lack of rentals. The only things that seem to posted on craigslist are 1 bedrooms. We are looking at 2 bd and pay up to $2400. Just lookin' for some insight as to why I'm not finding anything.

craigslist used to be the perfect place for lots of things, but I don't think I would depend on them for rentals anymore. Just try realtor or renter.com and see what you come up with.

Nita

Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 PM

6 posts, read 11,701 times
Thanks so much!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 07:41 PM

219 posts, read 608,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maitri13 View Post
Hello to all...

Nita has good suggestions. I'd also add rent.com. I would also recommend expanding your search beyond just Eagle Rock. I understand the appeal of Eagle Rock but your life would be easier if you were willing to consider other good areas nearby. You would find a lot, given your budget.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
See if westsiderentals has any CL listings. You could try the sites listed above, but when I did a quick search the realtor.com didn't come up with anything. But if it's free then look wherever you can! (westside isn't free, but I think you can do a non-detailed free search to see if it's worth the money). I've always found that CL is the best bet, but for certain areas westside has more.

I just did a CL search, though, ("eagle rock", 2+ BR, no price listed) and came up with a bunch of options; granted, some people are rather loose with their definition of exact location, but there were definitely some hits. Keep checking back, too, as it could be that you just hit it at an odd time near the beginning of the school year where you were battling it out with students with roommates. I would guess that there will be a new flurry of listings soon as we near the end of the month.

I agree that you'll have best luck if you can be a little flexible with neighborhoods, although I think you'll be able to find something in Eagle Rock.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:24 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I drive through Eagle Rock pretty often and I don't believe there are many apartments in Eagle Rock. You might expand your list to include the east side of Glendale and South Pasadena. Pasadena is close too.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I drive through Eagle Rock pretty often and I don't believe there are many apartments in Eagle Rock. You might expand your list to include the east side of Glendale and South Pasadena. Pasadena is close too.
you are right, not many apartments but maybe the Op would just as soon rent a house. Yes, So Pasa, Glendale and Pasa would be next in line if it were me.

Nita

Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
Yes, I agree; not huge numbers of apartments, but a lot of houses, and many of those houses have 2-BRs. I agree with the other city suggestions, too; Pasadena is literally right next to Eagle Rock. South Pasadena has a lot of apartment buildings as well as small houses, Pasadena has a huge range of options, and Glendale has a mix of apartments and houses for rent. There's also Highland Park, although that's still too rough around the edges for some people. It's right next to Eagle Rock, though, and might have some nice options.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:42 AM

422 posts, read 1,819,086 times
I imagine that a good portion of the Eagle Rock rental housing is occupied by Oxy students for a large part of the year. With school just starting a few weeks ago, the inventory of vacant rentals may be at a low point right now.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:21 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,310,375 times
Actually, when we were looking at places there were not many rentals in Eagle Rock a couple months ago either. A large part of the reason it's hard to find places in Eagle Rock is that it's a pretty small neighborhood, and one of the less transient parts of Los Angeles. Still, I agree it is somewhat odd there are so few rentals in the neighborhood. I did see a couple and don't really see many at present though.

I wanted to find a house north of Colorado when we were looking at came up with absolutely nothing. There was part of a duplex and a couple apartments but no single family houses that were updated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles