Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
OTO OTO started this thread

6 posts, read 26,390 times

Advertisements

Are there alot of "Bros" in L.A. or are they mostly in OC and San Diego? By bro I am referring to white guys wearing affliction shirts, driving lifted trucks, obsessed with UFC, etc.

When I was in San Diego they were everywhere. We dont have too many of these types in Chicago. Our version is the Irish and italian mafiosi wannnabes LOL. Our Other white trash types include jerry springer ghetto boys and girls, and further away from Chicago you find the nascar, tobbacco chewers. I think I have coined a few terms here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
Bros in LA tend to live in the outer suburbs. The bro mecca is probably huntington beach, but besides that, they mostly live in the inland empire (riverside and san bernardino counties). however, as you noticed, there are also some in the SD area, although probably much moreso in the inland areas rather than the city proper.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:06 PM

73 posts, read 306,076 times
Mostly OC and IE. I've seldom seen them in LA County (thank god).

Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
EVERYWHERE in the South Bay coastal cities, especially El Segundo. Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, parts of Torrance, and a few parts of PV have tons of those types of guys.

Almost every guy here has a lifted truck, wears shorts below the knees, socks that come to mid-shin, a hat, shaved hair, either vans or skate shoes, and either a goatee or stubble or some other kind of facial hair.

I definitely think it's a SoCal thing, but mainly a blue-collar/redneck/low-class style. Not saying it looks bad, but generally these guys are low-lifes who drink beer all the time, smoke weed regularly, do terribly in school, get in fights a lot, and spend as much time as possible doing blue-collar stuff like riding dirt bikes and ATVs and stuff like that. I'm sure people in rural and southern areas are also very similar. Like honestly, can you imagine this being a popular trend in a city like NYC, Boston, or SF?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:54 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
IE = Bro central.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:07 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
is that what a "bro" is?

you want that type, go to fullerton. but they come in more than just one color.

i would say that there are a lot of those affliction wearing individuals in the hollywood scene as well. not like before since that look is passe, but its all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTO View Post
Are there alot of "Bros" in L.A. or are they mostly in OC and San Diego? By bro I am referring to white guys wearing affliction shirts, driving lifted trucks, obsessed with UFC, etc.

When I was in San Diego they were everywhere. We dont have too many of these types in Chicago. Our version is the Irish and italian mafiosi wannnabes LOL. Our Other white trash types include jerry springer ghetto boys and girls, and further away from Chicago you find the nascar, tobbacco chewers. I think I have coined a few terms here.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 PM

73 posts, read 306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
EVERYWHERE in the South Bay coastal cities, especially El Segundo. Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, parts of Torrance, and a few parts of PV have tons of those types of guys.
Odd. I've lived "here" (currently in RPV ) the past decade and certainly do not see bros here. I see a few @ the Shore in Hermosa and maybe one or two here and there but it's nothing like the #'s you'll get in Huntington & Corona/Temecula.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
Oh well I know theyre rare in PV, but there's a few. The rest of the South Bay has a lot.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:06 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,489 times
Plenty here in Malibu in fact I'm probably one myself when I'm out of a suit.
I love that description of “blue collar pastimes” dirt bikes sand rails and so on.
This description fits 80% of white Californian males.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:16 AM

213 posts, read 823,278 times
There really are a lot in San Diego, but from my own observation, they seem to be more of a common thing in the Inland Empire and Orange County (especially in a place like Huntington Beach). Looks to be the west coast equivalent of east coast's guidos - another breed of overly-macho tools and douchebags who try too hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles