U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 PM

214 posts, read 808,195 times

Advertisements

i was homeless for 1 yr a few years ago and i was able to hold 2 jobs, but i found a better job were i came close to getting a place of my own again...but i became disable were i was unable to work but i had family and friends that help me on out while i fought my disability case which i was very bless...you can make it any were but you also must have a strong will going through anything within your life to get were you want to be at.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:44 PM

214 posts, read 808,195 times
another thing before moving to los angeles try to at least save 10,000 for the first 5 months. 5,000 is nice amount in city were cost of living is not very high and look into getting a roommate if you plan on living in los angeles and having a car would also help...good luck out there

Old 11-25-2009, 06:15 PM

16,276 posts, read 28,815,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy2 View Post
Just wanted to add that I am moving to Northern California, this summer. Don't want to be in LA. when the blank really hits the fan.
Maybe the OP should read this post. It didn't work out for cassidy2 and she is now leaving. But don't forget she told the OP to go for it and not listen to the voice of reason that so many of us had offered. Funny that cassidy2 would tell someome to go for it and that you can make it in LA but she is getting out. Now this is why the OP may want to re think this out.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 PM

49 posts, read 103,280 times
Default Brentwood versus No. Hollywood--no brainer

Brentwood happens to be a very,upscale, respectable community. I wouldn't live in the valley if you paid me. Most expecially, dreary, is the energy in North Hollywood. Unless, of course your disabled or a drug addict, then its a match made in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Hi.

I did the same thing when I was 21. However, it didn't work out.
I moved to West Hollywood. Yes, sounds expensive, but thanks to the rent control is was not significantly more expensive than the other areas around it. Plus, you might not need a car there. I was also attendting school and I didn't have that option in L.A. I realized that I couldn't make it alone that way. If you had parents there and didn't have to pay rent, then it would be a different story.
Have you ever been to L.A. ? No offense to anybody, but I think L.A. proper is so ugly! You wanna live somewhere inside the Hollywood Fwy. and I-10, or somewhere in the north. The North Hollywood area is nice and not too far away. I had someone who was willing to sublet her place to me while she was out of country. That way I didn't have to worry about getting an apartment right away. Not sure how cassidy2 got that place for 775 Dollars including the utilities, but I probably would not want to live there. I'm fine with ok apartments, but I couldn't handle anything lower than that.
I "wasted" a good amount of money, but I do think it was well worth it. If you have the option of going home, I would say go for it. I don't regret it. But be prepared that it will not work out.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 PM

687 posts, read 961,755 times
Nice attitude....Let me guess, L.A. made you so unpleasant, lol.
Don't let the door hit you on your way up north!

Old 11-25-2009, 07:16 PM

Default smart

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am in a bad mood because of LA. LA has a toxic vibe and I cannot wait to relocate. I've lived here since I was a teenager, in the seventies, and it is a different place today. Northern California people are intelligent, compassionate and wholesome. Note, why do you think so many people are moving to Seattle and Oregon? Let me guess? Your a native.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
Nice attitude....Let me guess, L.A. made you so unpleasant, lol.
Don't let the door hit you on your way up north!

Last edited by cassidy2; 11-25-2009 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: wnt to add something

Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,502,042 times
Quote:
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am in a bad mood because of LA. LA has a toxic vibe and I cannot wait to relocate. I've lived here since I was a teenager, in the seventies, and it is a different place today. Northern California people are intelligent, compassionate and wholesome. Note, why do you think so many people are moving to Seattle and Oregon?
Because they love Northern California so much that they don't want to spoil it with their presence?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:21 PM

1,080 posts, read 3,008,537 times
Quote:
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am in a bad mood because of LA. LA has a toxic vibe and I cannot wait to relocate. I've lived here since I was a teenager, in the seventies, and it is a different place today. Northern California people are intelligent, compassionate and wholesome. Note, why do you think so many people are moving to Seattle and Oregon? Let me guess? Your a native.
Way to lump ALL Of LA together as well as ALL of northern California.

You seem very bitter. Lighten up, you will live longer.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:30 PM

Default LA is so profound

Boy, why didn't I think of that--Lighten up. Its all so obvious and clear now. Thanks zen master.

quote=ZenMaster2008;11780654]Way to lump ALL Of LA together as well as ALL of northern California.

You seem very bitter. Lighten up, you will live longer.[/quote]

Old 11-25-2009, 08:50 PM

687 posts, read 961,755 times
Nope, not a native. Just don't believe in generalizations when it comes to people and where they live. If you think ALL Northern Californians are intelligent, compassionate and intelligent, then I am afraid we will probably be hearing from you again in a few years after living there. No place is perfect nor are people. You obviously had some bad experiences here so I guess moving will solve that. FYI..I have lived in several different states in my life but most of the time was in Ca. and I was a teenager in the 70's living in the Valley. You do know that nothing stays the same?
I love Northern Ca. and the only reason I would move there is for the beauty and architecture. Never would I assume that everyone living in N. CA. would be sooo different than here except that many also despise SoCal like you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles