Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 11,200 times

Advertisements

I am a newish resident who is fascinated by Jenny I believe her name is.
Everyone seems to know her, and I would like to learn more. One of the amazing things to me aside from Jenny herself is that this community seems to allow her to live longterm on a bench.
It says a lot about this town and I would like to find out more. Anyone out there who can help me it would be great.

Last edited by wlvpetsitter; 12-16-2009 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvpetsitter View Post
I am a writer who is fascinated by Jenny I believe her name is.
Everyone seems to know her, and I would like to learn more. the amazing thing to me aside from Jenny herself and how she survives is that this community seems to allow her to live longterm on a bench.
It says a lot about this town and I woudl like to find out more. Anyone out there who can help me it would be great.
I live across the street from that bench and worry about her these cold nights!
Are you talking about the lady with the long blonde wigs? They even had a story about her awhile ago in the Star or the Acorn.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:21 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,190,547 times
I've heard about this lady. Apparently she has some money but chooses to be homeless. My mother in law knows a local jeweler in the area and apparently she comes in and buys things on occassion. Very strange.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM

Yes, this is the lady who apprently has some $ and chooses to live on the bench and she does have long blond wigs. Any info would be great, I'm on a hunt, I think there is a novel about this lady and this wonderful town that needs to be discovered.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
That woman has been hanging around the Westlake Boulevard and Agoura Road intersection since the 1980s. My wife was 15 in 1984 and that she remembers that woman then.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:23 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,216 times
Her current bench is village glen and townsgate, westlake village, ca - Google Maps

Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 PM

If anyone can help me track down the article written in the Star or the Acorn, please let me know!

Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
If anyone can help me track down the article written in the Star or the Acorn, please let me know!
Homeless woman causes a problem | www.toacorn.com | Thousand Oaks Acorn

Here's a way to search internet sources using google. This will google search an entire domain (such as the entire acorn domain).

Go to google advanced search.
limit the domain (in this case) to "http://www.toacorn.com" (without the quotes)
fill in search terms such as

homeless woman bench shopping card westlake

Also try limiting the domain to "http://www.theacorn.com" (without the quotes)

This technique works great for craigslist like if you want to search every craigslist in the US.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM

thanks for the tip and the hint, but that isnt the article, only a three line letter to the editor complainging about the woman....somewhere out tehre, in the acorn or the star apparently there is an article about the whole situation! anyone find it? not me, not even wth my new learned google skills!

Old 12-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
thanks for the tip and the hint, but that isnt the article, only a three line letter to the editor complainging about the woman....somewhere out tehre, in the acorn or the star apparently there is an article about the whole situation! anyone find it? not me, not even wth my new learned google skills!
I couldn't find it either.

I also checked the vcstar and the dailynews and latimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles