Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:08 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,598,483 times

Advertisements

Anything less than Holmby Hills, San Marino or Malibu Colony is obvious nouveau riche arriviste at its worst, mon cher. How dare one buy pret-a-porter in Beverly Hills instead of bespoke tailoring?

Comprendez-vous? Or are you. . .faux?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,180,022 times
Touche' Fastfilm!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:04 PM

652 posts, read 2,800,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANQUISHSV12 View Post
I'm wealthy, good-looking and important. Where should I live? Beverly Park? Hollywood Hills?

I don't have much experience with L.A., but I am currently living in Manhattan and am forced to relocate to Southern California. I would like somewhere with proximity to luxury establishments such as Bentley/Rolls Royce, Mercedes-Benz dealerships as well as Hermes, Louis Vuittton and Yves Saint Laurent without passing through the lower-income communities.

I would like for this community to be solely for the upper classes yet a little diverse. I want to be amongst the rocker-personalities like Lenny Kravitz, fashionistas such as Mrs. Beckham beautiful people like Heidi Klum and Miss Naomi Campbell, fabulous actors and heirs such as Lydia Hearst.

And please, don't recommend anywhere in Orange County. That includes Newport Beach and Laguna. I don't want to do anything with those look-alike, uncultured, mall wearing mass produced wanabe-fabulous, clones. Yuck.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome. I see you obviously have refined tastes, ergo your views on OC.

I'd like to invite you to come stay at my mansion in Beverly Hills, but I'm having all the guest rooms redone. Besides, I'm the wealthiest and best looking chap on my street, so I couldn't possibly have a newcomer simply show up -- not without references and knowing your aptitude at polo and sailing. No offense, old chap.

BTW, if you're looking to rent a Bell 206 to do some house shopping in the hills, give me a PM and i'll see if I can set something up if i'm not using the chopper that day.

Cheerio.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:22 PM

23 posts, read 48,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Hrmmm... obviously a joke/troll/spam

Anyone that knows anything wouldn't need much help finding the best places to live in LA; let alone a slightly hazy forum off in a dark corner on the internet. So someone as truly affluent as you say you are, you should have your personal assistant doing the work for you, and...

How would you know what Orange County is like hrmmmmm....? Been there much?

hahahaha

How would I know much about the Orange County you ask? Let's just say I formed that opinion as I was whisked away via Maybach 62 S en route to LAX to catch a red-eye flight back to London after a brief appearance at a charity event. To make matters worse, it must have been even more horrendous than I remember because I was sedated that weekend due to the strain of my constant jet-setting. Surely, that appearance in "The OC" was more torture than non-front row seats at Milan Fashion Week.

Should I ever go back home to Paris or Milan with news that I've moved into Orange County, I would likely be ridiculed and snubbed by my equally powerful and beautiful counterparts.

And you ask of my assistant? She's currently busy campaigning for membership at the Southampton Bath & Tennis Club on my behalf, so I will tackle my move to Los Angeles without much assistance. Surely sitting in a climate controlled Rolls-Royce to tour properties won't be too hard on my body.

a presto!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,488,809 times
If you are as rich and as important as you say you are, you would already know that the rich don't live in Los angeles county at all, Santa Barbara is where you want to be......

Just don't move on my street, we don't need anymore wannabees

Old 05-24-2007, 07:09 PM

36 posts, read 208,209 times
Definitely go for Compton! I know you have heard all about Compton on the TV but that is all propaganda to keep the common people from finding out how the better half lives, and live well we do in fabulous Compton!(Rhymes with Hamptons!!) Remember that first impressions are so very important for those of us who appreciate the finer things in life so when you do feel ready to debut in sunny Compton make sure and go all out, best rolex, best suit, and at least a Jaguar for driving (Or being driven) and you can never have too much gold bling, er, I mean jewelry. Follow those simple rules and you will create Quite The Sensation.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 PM

Location: Headed to the Shangri-La; The Orange County(Huntington Beach or Mission Viejo) this August!
78 posts, read 469,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatherder View Post
we do in fabulous Compton!(Rhymes with Hamptons!!)
Compton is obviously only for the Bentley-driving, apple martini-sippin- wealthy. (But you better check your English-Goatherder-because I don't think that it rhymes with The Hamptons...Humpton or Hompton does..lol)

Old 05-24-2007, 10:30 PM

23 posts, read 48,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
If you are as rich and as important as you say you are, you would already know that the rich don't live in Los angeles county at all, Santa Barbara is where you want to be......

Just don't move on my street, we don't need anymore wannabees
Junkman, you should only wish I were to make an appearance on your street.

And Santa Barbara? Pfft, I cannot set up permanent residence anywhere outside a 5 mile radius from the premier luxury establishments a la Rodeo Drive. Santa Barbara is basically the boonies, the fabulous boonies if I may add.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:12 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,261,622 times
This thread was indeed created for trolling with the OP answering their own question immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles