U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 11:40 AM

16 posts, read 56,194 times

Advertisements

I currently live in orange county and might be taking a job in century city. Instead of driving everyday i was considering public transportation. can anyone give me an idea on the train or bus schedule from LA Union Station to the avenue of the stars in century city. How reliable it is how often it runs. where i can pick it up. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 AM

26,345 posts, read 84,701,631 times
Three hours and 20 minutes:

Newport Beach, CA to Century City, Los Angeles, CA - Google Maps

Even if you drove to Fullerton to cut down on time it's still two hours:

Fullerton, CA to Century City, Los Angeles, CA - Google Maps

Old 01-26-2010, 11:59 AM

7,141 posts, read 19,527,516 times
i knew somebody who made a similar commute but from the rancho cucamonga/fontana area, he said it was around 2 hours each way. the drive will also be miserable, it's a no win situation. if the job opportunity is really good for your future, you may consider just moving up to the westside of LA.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:11 PM

16 posts, read 56,194 times
Cant move yet just moved out to So cal in novemeber and i have a year lease so i am kind of stuck where i am for the time being and would need to commute daily.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 PM

304 posts, read 841,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raginfella View Post
I currently live in orange county and might be taking a job in century city. Instead of driving everyday i was considering public transportation. can anyone give me an idea on the train or bus schedule from LA Union Station to the avenue of the stars in century city. How reliable it is how often it runs. where i can pick it up. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--------------

metro.net | Trip planning, transit services and project information for Los Angeles County

Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 PM

736 posts, read 2,047,698 times
I am afraid Charles and BRinSM are correct. The public transit options to Century City/West LA are currently very LIMITED.

LA's subway/light rail is YET to reach the westside (and its the westside residents and the narrow minded politicians they have elected over the years who are largely to blame).

The Phase I of the Expo light rail line is scheduled to open sometime in 2011 but Phase I will only go from Downtown LA to Culver City (Robertson/Venice Blvd). Have NO IDEA if there will be any shuttle service to employment cetners like Century City. Phase II will go all the way to Santa Monica but that is probably 5 or more years away.

The so called "Subway to the Sea" is planned to link Downtown LA to Century City and eventually Santa Monica but that is to TEN to TWENTY years away from being a reality!

Best CURRENT public transit option is train to Downtown LA and transfer to the METRO RAPID bus line down Wilshire. You COULD do it but NOT worth the time and number of transfers required. A sad comment on the myopic transit planning (or lack of) we have in SoCalif.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:52 PM

452 posts, read 1,263,794 times
LADOT Commuter Express Route #534 goes directly to Century City from Union Station. NO TRANSFERS.

Departures from Union Station in the AM are at 6:50, 7:15, 7:40, 8:10 AM
Trip time to Century City is 40 minutes. This is the fastest option IMO, a very professional bus with nice comfortable chairs and business people.

Another option is taking Metro #728 directly from Union Station to Century City NO TRANSFERS, and it will take roughly 50 minutes.

The other option is:
Metro Red Line Subway to Vermont/Santa Monica, connecting to Metro Rapid Bus #704. Total trip time is roughly 55 minutes.

I saw somebody used google transit. The software is still constantly being redone for L.A. and it does NOT include municipal bus lines like the LADOT Dash and Commuter Express, Big Blue Bus in Santa Monica, Culver City Bus, etc.... so they are missing key bus routes. Hence why they gave a very strange recommendation using two bus transfers when it can be done with none. Use the most comprehensive planner at http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php that includes every bus line in L.A. County and NOT just Metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles