Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,912 times

Advertisements

Dear Friends,

I have got a job in Culver City and planning to there in next week hence would like to know following things

1. Currently I am staying in NY and here public transits is very good, so would like to know public transits facility near Culver city, Los Angeles

2. As of now, I have two option to stay there
- Sharing apartment
- Motel
Please let me know which is best?

3. Also, it would be nice if someone can suggest where most people are stying who are working in Culver city, Los Angeles

Please let me know,

Thank You,
Vishal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 PM

290 posts, read 916,687 times
PHASE 1: DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES TO CULVER CITY

The Exposition Light Rail Transit Line (Expo Line) will travel along the Exposition railroad right-of-way between downtown Los Angeles and Culver City. It will share a track and two stations (7th St/Metro Center and Pico) with the Metro Blue Line as it leaves downtown Los Angeles. It will then travel along the Exposition right-of-way to the newly approved and funded aerial station at Venice/Robertson. Nine new stations will be constructed along the Expo Line route. In addition to the station at Venice/Robertson, the new stations will be located on Flower at 23rd Street and Jefferson, and on Exposition Boulevard at USC/Expo Park, Vermont, Western, Crenshaw, La Brea, and La Cienega.
The Expo Line will be approximately 8.6 miles in length and parallel the heavily congested I-10 freeway. It is scheduled to open in the summer of 2010. Estimated travel time from downtown Los Angeles to Culver City is under 30 minutes with a projected ridership of 27,000 by 2020. The Expo Line project is considered a “Transit Parkway” that will be enhanced by bike and pedestrian paths, as well as trees and landscaping along the alignment.
PHASE 2: CULVER CITY TO THE BEACH

The proposed extension of the Expo Line is currently undergoing the environmental planning process. A draft EIS/EIR was available for public comment Winter 2009. The environmental studies for this project are expected to be completed by December 2009.
.:: EXPO TRAIN ::.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles