Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:44 AM

194 posts, read 301,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Arellano View Post
Where ever they are going I hope they keep up the nieghborhood so it doesn't become what they are trying to escape.
Hmmmm, that's funny; that's the same thing white people said when Mexicans started moving to Van Nuys and Panorama City....

Those neighborhoods are *so* nice and safe now.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,848,252 times
Whats up Slauson Rosecranz? Great screen name. I almost used Century Figueroa or Budlong Normandie.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:46 PM

15 posts, read 78,465 times
You know the CIA was involved in the ethnic cleansing of blacks in LA? Its crazy though cause they succeeded which is evident from the decline in the black population.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,848,252 times
I dont know about that, but I am starting to wonder if they had any involvement with the malathion (sp) spraying in south central LA for the supposedly menacing Mexican Fruit Fly.

Helecopters flying over our cities spraying pesticides cannot be good for the people living there.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:32 PM

Thumbs up What's up, man. Thanks for the complement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Whats up Slauson Rosecranz? Great screen name. I almost used Century Figueroa or Budlong Normandie.
I like that, Budlong Normandie, or Mr. Normandie.

Mr. Crenshaw sounds even better!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinazndude View Post
You know the CIA was involved in the ethnic cleansing of blacks in LA? Its crazy though cause they succeeded which is evident from the decline in the black population.
There's a *degree* of truth to this. You're obviously refering to the CIA beginning, hell, INVENTING the crack cocaine trade in South-Central Los Angeles in the mid-eighties to fund the Contra war against Daniel Ortega.

Well documented by former San Jose Mercury News reporter Gary Webb, who was mysteriously 'suicided', God bless 'em, after he revealed that in his second book on the matter (the follow-up to 'Dark Alliance'), he would 'name names'.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it 'ethnic cleansing', as there are still plenty of Blacks in Los Angeles and Los Angeles County. If you consider the Black population in Inglewood, Hawthorne, and Carson, combined with South-Central, it's still very sizeable.

But obviously, the numbers, demographically speaking, are *greatly* diminished, as people moved out to escape the hardcore gangbanging and violence spawned by the drug trade (probably the CIA's greatest victory), as well as those who left because of the lower cost of living in the Antelope Valley/Inland Empire, those who felt displaced by recent immigrants moving to South-Central, and those who simply moved up the economic ladder to a middle-class/upper middle-class tax bracket (i.e. middle class/upper middle-class suburbs, like Rancho Cucamonga).

So no, I wouldn't say the CIA was succeeded in their scheme. But they *did* deal a heavy blow to South-Central. Also, you have to consider the fact that L.A.'s Black population was NEVER as large as many eastern cities (New York, Chicago, etc.), so it would be easier to 'displace' (if someone wanted to do that) the Black population here, or Seattle, or San Diego, or whatever, compared to a city with a larger Black population. Still, no matter what color you are, when it comes to drugs *EVERYONE* loses. Drugs destabilize the fabric and normalcy of society. Initially, it may have been meant to screw Black people over, but ultimately, EVERYONE loses in the end...the one thing *they* never anticipated.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:59 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,229,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
I like that, Budlong Normandie, or Mr. Normandie.

Mr. Crenshaw sounds even better!
Florence Normandie, Gage Figueroa, Vernon Wilmington, Glencoe Washington, Culver Sepulveda, Artesia Van Ness, and Alondra Woodruff sound okay as well....

Old 09-27-2007, 08:33 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,498,791 times
Hi, everyone, your friendly neighborhood moderator is here just checking in... I'm thinking it's about time to close this thread, since it's veering wildly off topic. Thank you.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,416,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Hi, everyone, your friendly neighborhood moderator is here just checking in... I'm thinking it's about time to close this thread, since it's veering wildly off topic. Thank you.

THANK YOU!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:42 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,117,072 times
I think it's interesting how ethnically mixed some areas of LA are. I was looking at the demographics for one of the Adams Historic neighborhoods today and it had something like 30% white, 20% black, 40% other (what the heck is other?), and 55% hispanic (which overlaps the other ethnic groups).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles