Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:39 PM

5 posts, read 74,199 times

Advertisements

help!! i was in an intersection, and i thought the lioght turned green, so i made my left turn, but it was really red. I didn't see a flash, but i was in such panic once i realized what i did that i may not have seen it(although it was night out.). does anyone know if its possible to get a ticket when the straight lane is green, and the left lane is red? would this go on my record?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,637,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agohlich View Post
help!! i was in an intersection, and i thought the lioght turned green, so i made my left turn, but it was really red. I didn't see a flash, but i was in such panic once i realized what i did that i may not have seen it(although it was night out.). does anyone know if its possible to get a ticket when the straight lane is green, and the left lane is red? would this go on my record?
those red-light cameras are blinding at night. if you didn't see it, you didn't get a ticket. consider yourself lucky, and be more careful on the road. and yes, any moving violation will go on your record unless you go to traffic school.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:00 PM

oh man. i hope youre right. I'm freaking out about it. I've definitley learned my lesson. man oh man :-\

Old 10-23-2007, 01:18 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,695 times
You didn't get a ticket because you were "in the middle of an intersection." Left-turning yielding to traffic signals do not have a camera, it's for those black and white traffic lights, don't go or else. Be careful though, my friend got a 400 dollar ticket from running a red. The other post was correct, the camera picture will be definently visible in the evening hours.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,655 times
Not that it matters but they do make a spray that you can spray on your plate and it fuzzes the camera so it cant get your plate #. Police cant detect it either. It's illegal in some states BUT IS NOT ILLEGAL IN ALL STATES. Indiana dont have a law against it but I'm sure CA does because they use the cameras more. Just snoop around ebay, you'll find it. I know it sounds "wrong" or whatever, but it could save you money if you mess up. At the same time though your getting away with dangerous driving so it has its downside too.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM

17 posts, read 109,554 times
since i had the unfortunate opportunity to have to go to court on a redlight ticket, here's what i heard that worked. 1. say you were being tailgated, if the judge can see the car in your picture, you'll probablly get off. 2. also you might mention (as you did in your post) that the light was green and then suddenly changed.........usually if the lights have some sort of timing issue then the judge may give you a break, or you can ask that it be dismissed altogether, noting you didnt feel it was safe to slam on your breaks in order to accomodate the abruptly changing light.............i heard a guy said that he was being chased for assissting a crime victim, that he slowed down, noticed there was no cars approaching the intersection and decided it was safer for him to get away from the assailants by running the red light, as opposed to allowing them time to catch up to him at the red light (he got off). also, if someone was driving your car, it is not your responsibility to dime them out, you can simply say you lent your car to someone and they in turn lent it to one of there friends but your not sure who. if it isnt you, you cant get convicted.

btw, jake, pls provide details on the spray!!!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawanakenya View Post

btw, jake, pls provide details on the spray!!!!!
No More Red Light Camera Tickets. Make Your Car Invisible To Police Speed Cameras With Our License Plate Cover, PhotoBlocker Spray, Radar Detectors, GPS, GPS Camera Detectors. Got A Traffic Ticket? Don’t Pay Yet. We Can Help Fight Your Speeding

Reflective license plate spray beats traffic camera tickets in a flash (broken link)

Old 10-23-2007, 08:59 PM

142 posts, read 754,727 times
Not being from California this is a very interesting topic (sorry about the red light; I hope you don't get a ticket).

Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that you rarely see cop cars in Los Angeles... so these "cameras" are the ones who catch your plate and give you a ticket when you commit a moving violation? How do you know if you have been ticketed? Does the camera flash? Do you get a notice in the mail? How long does it take to find out once you have commited the infraction?

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 PM

17 posts, read 109,554 times
hotfudge,

the cameras are posted at various intersections throughout california. they take a picture of your front and back plates and of the driver. also included in the picture must be the violation. for example, if the offense is running a red light, your vehicle has to be photographed past the intersection limit line as well as the red light. i think they also show where your car was when the light was yellow.

i cant remember how long it takes, but a ticket will arrive to the registered owner of the vehicle in the mail. most times you will hear the cameras and see the lights flash. on the ticket you receive a court date or an amount to pay in full should you choose not to dispute the citation.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:36 PM

well, here was the exact scenario:

the light going straight was green, but i though that it was the left arrow that had turned green, so i went into the interscetion, and by the time that i had realized that the arrow was really red, i was already halfway through the intersection, so i just went. neither me or my passenger saw the flash. and it was in a camera enforced intersection. What do you guys think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: