U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:44 PM

18 posts, read 36,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAPA View Post
I've had a few interesting observations. The main reason I decided to leave after only having been here a year and three months is because the vast majority of people I've met aren't very bright.

But this shouldn't surprise anyone. They have one of the highest drop out rates and the THIRD LOWEST IQ SORES IN THE COUNTRY...

http://www.top50states.com/average-iq-score.html

I'm tired of people driving up to me in their cars and asking me for money for gas and then looking stunned when I say, "No."

I’m tired of this place averaging a 12.5% unemployment rate and people acting as if they never heard the word recession when you talk to them about the economy.

I'm tired of watching people who are afraid of their homeless handing over money whenever someone demands it, though I do find it funny when people walking down the street look stunned when I tell people I'm not going to give them my money.

I'm tired of people saying whatever they want and then being shocked when I say something back as if their holier than thou attitude was actable (in other words they have big mouths but they cower when you stand up to them for their big mouths).

I'm tired of telling people to turn on their lights when they drive at night.

I'm tired of seeing them give security guards the same authority as police (everyone is afraid of authority here), but I do get a kick out of it when I make fun of them to their faces when they get bossy.

Did you know Cali was once the richest state in the United States, and if Cali was it's own country it would have been the 5th wealthiest country on the entire planet? Now they've got the WORST credit rating in the entire country and once they pass a budget they’re back in the red within a few months and they can’t seem to break the pattern. (Insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing while expecting different results) Visit = Good since there are beautiful places in Cali. Living here among this population = Bad.

My friends are heading back to NYC while I've decided not to head back home and so I'm going to Denver (a great little city!). We all have hysterical stories about the people here that have kept our friends and family back home in stitches.
I'm so used to the Thought Police at my college in LA telling me I'm not allowed to say what is really going on here, I didn't realize I could get away with it on this site. Yes, I have never seen so many stupid people in one place. Thanks for the tip about Denver. Yeah, the way they are so shocked when you don't just Hand It Over. They are so accustomed to simply demanding and receiving. It's not that the people are bad. It is that they are being influenced by those who wish to use them as pawns. These are basically decent people, but lost, and with no reference point to any other kind of life. They don't know there is a whole world out there, that it doesn't have to be like this, and that this is never going to work, that this is going down the tubes and they are going to go with it.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:44 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,982,118 times
Love la

Old 09-07-2010, 01:28 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,957,501 times
Cool Comic Relief

How does the song go: I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused...?

You dismiss Angelenos with such authority, it really is laughable, not to mention lazy. Like we all fit into these neat little stereotypes, unable to discern sloth from hard work, all just a bunch of rubes who have 'no reference point to any other kind of life.'

That's about as asinine as it gets- thanks for the laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frances john View Post
I'm so used to the Thought Police at my college in LA telling me I'm not allowed to say what is really going on here, I didn't realize I could get away with it on this site. Yes, I have never seen so many stupid people in one place. Thanks for the tip about Denver. Yeah, the way they are so shocked when you don't just Hand It Over. They are so accustomed to simply demanding and receiving. It's not that the people are bad. It is that they are being influenced by those who wish to use them as pawns. These are basically decent people, but lost, and with no reference point to any other kind of life. They don't know there is a whole world out there, that it doesn't have to be like this, and that this is never going to work, that this is going down the tubes and they are going to go with it.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,646,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAPA View Post
Why? Did something I wrote make it sound like I wanted to break into a film set?

Couldn't care less about guards at film shoots. I'm talking about security guards who ride bicycles in downtown LA and walk around the subway. Those guys are really funny when they want to be tough. I love watching LA people cower in their presence.

I once had an actual cop tell me I couldn't stand within one foot of the edge of a subway platform because I might jump and kill myself. I asked him if he really believed that someone who wanted to kill himself couldn't make a two foot jump? He was bewildered so he pointed to a sign and told me the rule was right there, so I walked over there and pointed out that it wasn't on the sign and asked him to find it for me. He got frustrated and walked away so I purposely made fun of him for turning this into the nanny state. He turned red, and hurried off.

Though I have seen the guards at film sets you mentioned. They actually wear their ex-uniforms and drive motorcycles that look identical to police motorcycles. When I jay walk in front of them when I'm heading to work and I watch their faces turn red because they can’t give me a ticket.

This place is a joke.

I am not sure Denver is the place for you. Yeah, sure, at first you will delight in the LA bashing that goes on there as well but soon you will realize that Coloradans (as Angelenos) find their enjoyment in things other than harassing safety police for doing their job. Don't worry, a year from now, you can come back on these boards and tell everyone how you disobeyed a Denver crossing guard until they turned red. Way to go tough guy.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:56 AM

55 posts, read 149,632 times
I hate it now. Used to love it. If I had to stay or was moving here I would consider Valencia and hopefully you don't have to pull that crazy commute.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Why do you like San Diego better? I thought New Yorkers would prefer LA more because there's lots more to do like in NYC. I guess the people in San Diego are nicer and there's less traffic.

The people in San Diego are most definitely not "nicer." They like to think that they are though, but people who can see past stereotypes know better. I've come across the most immature people in San Diego. In my experience, LA people are "nicer" and (gasp!) more genuine. And there is plenty of traffic in San Diego, even with its much smaller population.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0t View Post
San Diego has everything LA has, just without repeating it 20 times. LA is not very diverse, it just has the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again. The unique areas are quite small compared to the very generic bulk of it.

The people aren't horrific in LA either, just in some areas. The traffic is an issue, but NYC has traffic, too.

San Diego is a much more accessible city, and in my opinion, the jewel of California for sure.

Wow...San Diego wishes it had what LA has.
LA is very diverse in many ways. Look around. Who are you trying to kid? San Diego is a sterile city with an inferiority complex.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:45 PM

OH HELL NO!

More and more people prefer San Diego over LA for the simple reasons that it's cleaner, safer, less traffic, and not as many illegals as LA.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:48 PM

5,148 posts, read 4,573,283 times
The city is meh...ok. Hate (is there a stronger word than hate?) the people.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Hey Twinklelight, see the posts in this thread? Lots of people disagree with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles