Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:33 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times

Advertisements

Went on a great second date Friday night. We went to Downtown LA to LA Live. Parked in a structure (very expensive!!), got drinks at Trader Vic's, went to Club Nokia for a concert and got a drink there too.

If you ever need any date ideas, I would go see a show in Downtown, get dinner, and get drinks. Everything there seems to be walking distance too. You are also maybe a 15 minute walk (I walk slow) from my favorite hotel in LA The Figurera. You can have such a great evening here walking, grabbing drinks, grabbing dinner, seeing a show, and just people watching. Not the cheapest date ever, but this was probably one of the best dates I have been on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 02:15 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Holy cow. I think the sum of the costs of all the dates I've been on in my life is less than what your date above cost.

Here's a similar thread I started, first dates in LA:

Your First Date in Los Angeles

Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Holy cow. I think the sum of the costs of all the dates I've been on in my life is less than what your date above cost.

Here's a similar thread I started, first dates in LA:

Your First Date in Los Angeles
Interesting thread. No this wasn't my first date. My first date was at 18 and in Los Angeles. He just came to my house and we watched TV, played ping pong, and played music together.

This was my second date with this guy. This was probably the most someone has ever spent on me for a date. He's classy, generous, affectionate, kind, has manners, and is outgoing. Hopefully there is a third in the works.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,383,617 times
Any good ideas for those who are barely living at subsistence levels?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Any good ideas for those who are barely living at subsistence levels?
Coffee, drinks, lunch, walk somewhere.

This was actually one of the rare dates where someone spent a lot of money for me.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,273,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
Went on a great second date Friday night. We went to Downtown LA to LA Live. Parked in a structure (very expensive!!), got drinks at Trader Vic's, went to Club Nokia for a concert and got a drink there too.

If you ever need any date ideas, I would go see a show in Downtown, get dinner, and get drinks. Everything there seems to be walking distance too. You are also maybe a 15 minute walk (I walk slow) from my favorite hotel in LA The Figurera. You can have such a great evening here walking, grabbing drinks, grabbing dinner, seeing a show, and just people watching. Not the cheapest date ever, but this was probably one of the best dates I have been on.
Hmmm, I've only been downtown a couple of times so far, and wasn't too impressed. Please tell me I was on the wrong side of town! I know everything's spread out, I guess we need to venture again...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
Hmmm, I've only been downtown a couple of times so far, and wasn't too impressed. Please tell me I was on the wrong side of town! I know everything's spread out, I guess we need to venture again...
We went to LA Live. Everything for a date is pretty much right next to each other. Have you been to LA or just Downtown LA?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:58 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,383,617 times
Quote:
Coffee, drinks, lunch, walk somewhere.

This was actually one of the rare dates where someone spent a lot of money for me.
Haha, I've asked the same question before, and got the same answers universally.

Although, I have done 'walk somewhere' and 'coffee' before. I always hope I was charismatic enough for my date to NOT ask me why we aren't doing something else Best one is 'are you hungry?' to which I respond 'Nah, I'm cool" because I'm sure she doesn't want to eat at Le McDonalds. Ahh..the days of being woefully broke.

Honestly, I like taking people to Griffith Observatory or somewhere around the Valley. I dunno...depends on the person, I guess.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Haha, I've asked the same question before, and got the same answers universally.

Although, I have done 'walk somewhere' and 'coffee' before. I always hope I was charismatic enough for my date to NOT ask me why we aren't doing something else Best one is 'are you hungry?' to which I respond 'Nah, I'm cool" because I'm sure she doesn't want to eat at Le McDonalds. Ahh..the days of being woefully broke.

Honestly, I like taking people to Griffith Observatory or somewhere around the Valley. I dunno...depends on the person, I guess.

What would you do if a girl said she was hungry? Take her to McDonalds?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 PM

736 posts, read 2,295,456 times
Quote:

Yes, this SOUNDS GOOD for the girl but NOT so great for the guy PAYING for it. No offense to you...as I am sure you are lovely. But for a 2nd date that sounds like WAY TOO MUCH!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles