Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times

Advertisements

I've lived near the San Gabriel valley for many years & know the area but rarely go there. There are some good plant nurseries in San Gabriel & South El Monte but otherwise there's not a lot to do except around Pasadena [Arcadia has the Santa Anita track & arboretum]. San Gabriel Canyon road near Azusa is really fun.

Generally the San Gabriel valley is pretty quiet & less flashy than the San Fernando valley w/ large Asian & Latino communities.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:59 PM

72,413 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strancali View Post
Hi all,

First post here . Yes the construction on Atlantic/Hellman has been going on for awhile, hopefully they will be done soon. I've lived here for about 22 years. I moved to Redondo Beach and had a place right on the beach (just steps from the sand) but it gets boring after awhile. I like how close everything is here. If I feel like Chinese food, Vietnamese food, Mexican Food, its all nearby! I just started an online classifieds site for the san gabriel valley but I don't want to put a link up because I'm new and I'm not sure if its against the rules.

VillageLife, you are a senior member here on this forum. Do you have any advice as to how I can promote this classifieds website for the SGV community? Well, I hope everyone had a great New Year and Chinese New Year is around the corner!

Nice to meet you all!
Why don't you start a blog in the forum? I am sure it's ok to do that?
Send a new message to SandyCo

//www.city-data.com/forum/priva...=newpm&u=30241

Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
I've lived near the San Gabriel valley for many years & know the area but rarely go there. There are some good plant nurseries in San Gabriel & South El Monte but otherwise there's not a lot to do except around Pasadena [Arcadia has the Santa Anita track & arboretum]. San Gabriel Canyon road near Azusa is really fun.

Generally the San Gabriel valley is pretty quiet & less flashy than the San Fernando valley w/ large Asian & Latino communities.
Yes,it is quiet. If you are looking for action or young,not sure what young is this days But like me I am ok with it. Food is cheaper here and that's all I need. If I need to have fun I will go west for some excitement.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:05 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
There are some good plant nurseries in San Gabriel & South El Monte .
Which ones/where? I would love to check them out.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:07 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrbn View Post
totally agree with you, kind of boring, but the people are nice, and the chinese food is great! i like the racial diversity and age? diversity from little kids to very old people absolutely everywhere. also cool is the total lack of poseurs. for intellectual stimulation (referring to lack of sophistication you mentioned) you could join something like a film or book group or even take a discussion class at any of the area's many colleges and universities...
What are some of the colleges and universities in the San Gabriel Valley?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 16,334 times
Thanks VillageLife,

I'll check it out. Is Sandyco the admin or a mod here? Have a great evening.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
What are some of the colleges and universities in the San Gabriel Valley?
CalTech
Pasadena City College
Cal Poly Pomona
all the Claremont Colleges

Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
Which ones/where? I would love to check them out.
There is one on San Gabriel Blvd. Before Mission? I pass by there all the time,It's called the San Gabriel Nursery.Pretty nice one.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
CalTech
Pasadena City College
Cal Poly Pomona
all the Claremont Colleges
Also Mt SAC (Mount San Antonio College) in the city of Walnut. It's one of the nicest,modern large complex in the area.It's a two year college.Very well equiped

Old 01-15-2009, 10:06 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
There's also Azusa Pacific university & Citrus College in Covina. Cal State LA is practically in the San Gabriel Valley.

There's an Asian nursery in So El Monte that sell michelia trees for cheap. Michelia is like a tropical magnolia & produces many fragrant flowers during summer. I think it is called Temple Nursery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles