Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 09:56 AM

3,502 posts, read 6,466,651 times

Advertisements

I just went to the Beverly Center and was let down. They charge for parking now (I was last there 10 years ago) and there's no bookstore. The food court wasn't that great either. I'm pretty sure they didn't charge for parking a while ago.

Also the signs inside the mall were confusing or lame. Do you agree it's gone downhill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,262,301 times
I can't comment on whether it's gone downhill or not, but we made it there for the first time the other day. And we thought it odd too there wasn't a bookstore. I agree the food court was pretty lame. I thought the signs for the stores across the street were more confusing, it took forever to find Nordstrom Rack, only to be disappointed! I'm still looking for a decent place to shop.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:09 PM

1,859 posts, read 3,087,163 times
The Grove has far surpassed the Beverly Center in quality. And its free parking for an hour or two.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:32 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,130,409 times
what did you expect? the beverly center is just a normal mall that happens to be in the middle of the city. they do have some fancier shops than other malls, but otherwise it's really no different. for a more authentic LA shopping experience check out melrose or robertson or even sunset plaza.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 PM

137 posts, read 601,716 times
The best part of the Beverly Center is the bar in the middle on the bottom floor. Send the Mrs. on the way and watch the games with a cold one. I haven't gone since December, they had this Naughty Santa and sexy women helper show going on....

Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 PM

88 posts, read 205,841 times
I think if you buy something and get validation the first 3 hours are free. Not sure. But I do agree with you, the food court at the Bev Center sucks. Although, there are some good restaurants there (CPK).

I agree with the others, go down a few blocks and check out the Grove. It is a LOT better mall with better parking and food choices (next to Farmers Market). It is also an outdoor mall.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:55 PM

135 posts, read 475,472 times
There's a Borders bookstore just one block south of the BC. I don't think you can park free at the BC at anytime and no one validates anymore. You can park free nearby on some of the streets in the neighborhood for a couple of hours. Just read the signs carefully.

The last time I was there was a couple of years ago. I was in the area and was jonesing for Mrs. Fields. I was in and out but things looked pretty much the same as they always did to me. But as for Mall shopping its just not a place I would consider at all.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 PM

18 posts, read 45,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollyoncruiser View Post
There's a Borders bookstore just one block south of the BC. I don't think you can park free at the BC at anytime and no one validates anymore. You can park free nearby on some of the streets in the neighborhood for a couple of hours. Just read the signs carefully.

The last time I was there was a couple of years ago. I was in the area and was jonesing for Mrs. Fields. I was in and out but things looked pretty much the same as they always did to me. But as for Mall shopping its just not a place I would consider at all.
That Borders is closed now IIRC.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 PM

18 posts, read 45,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I just went to the Beverly Center and was let down. They charge for parking now (I was last there 10 years ago) and there's no bookstore. The food court wasn't that great either. I'm pretty sure they didn't charge for parking a while ago.

Also the signs inside the mall were confusing or lame. Do you agree it's gone downhill?
First of all, you can always park ACROSS the street at Beverly Connection for like a dollar and do shopping at both places. I like Loehmann's mens at the Beverly Connection.

Second of all, Beverly Center has got decent higher end stores (Gucci, LV, Calvin Klein, etc.), but the design and feel of the mall was poorly executed from their latest efforts to modernize. Hey! They're NOT Westfield ok? LOL IF Westfield came and bought out the Beverly Center, I guarantee it would be remodeled/revamped correctly (at least in my opinion based on their other properties they've redone).

If you want to go to a decent mall, my favorite happens to be Century City.

There's always Old Town Pasadena too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: