Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 02:52 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,686,954 times

Advertisements

I will admit that for a long time, I have been very critical of certain things about L.A. mostly the weather and climate. Its interesting that I say this because when I was growing up, I would really like the day after day of sun. Even into my early 20s, I actually liked it too. But times have changed.

There is not much variety in the weather out here other than rain every once in a while. The house I live in gets so dusty that we have to dust it EVERY week and the cloth gets all black. Also, people's cars can get really dirty too.

For those that want more variety in the weather and climate, L.A. is definitely not for you. I moved here not by choice. Since I started traveling and saw other states/countries, it made me realize there is MUCH more to life than year round, dry sunny weather. I personally can't understand why there are some that like boring weather which has little variety, but I respect their choice. Just be careful and don't move out to L.A. for the wrong reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 07:53 PM
R66

145 posts, read 418,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Just be careful and don't move out to L.A. for the wrong reasons.
Excellent advice!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 AM

23 posts, read 121,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran103 View Post
Au contraire. I think the BEST foods in LA are the ones that are inexpensive.
Which is what?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:03 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethome1 View Post
Which is what?
See post 55 of this thread.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:09 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,356,500 times
Aliveandwell, I have to chuckle at your continuing to complain about the boring nice weather in LA. You should really try living in a state with four seasons. I've lived in both, and the #1 reason I would go back to Southern CA is the weather. There are many negatives about Southern CA, but weather sure isn't one of them.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:24 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Aliveandwell, I have to chuckle at your continuing to complain about the boring nice weather in LA. You should really try living in a state with four seasons. I've lived in both, and the #1 reason I would go back to Southern CA is the weather. There are many negatives about Southern CA, but weather sure isn't one of them.

Today in Southern California it was in the 70s F, crystal clear skies, soft breeze, tons of cyclists, people swimming outdoors; and it will hit the 80s by mid week - beautiful.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:36 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,686,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
You would go back to Southern CA mainly for the weather??? Gee, I wonder why this state is so overpopulated? I sure wouldn't if I was in your shoes. Different strokes for different folks. As stated earlier there is much more to life than sun, palm trees, celebrities and hanging out at the beach getting a tan. When deciding to move somewhere, weather shouldn't be the ONLY factor IMO. But everyone thinks differently and has different values. There are more important things to consider such as jobs, commute time, housing costs etc.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
You would go back to Southern CA mainly for the weather??? Gee, I wonder why this state is so overpopulated? I sure wouldn't if I was in your shoes. Different strokes for different folks. As stated earlier there is much more to life than sun, palm trees, celebrities and hanging out at the beach getting a tan. When deciding to move somewhere, weather shouldn't be the ONLY factor IMO. But everyone thinks differently and has different values. There are more important things to consider such as jobs, commute time, housing costs etc.
I agree. I've lived in LA my whole life and I find the weather rather boring. I know for me and my friends, we like when it rains. It's refreshing and makes the smog go away (temporarily). I am moving out of state and four mild seasons is my ideal, but definitely not very important and not a deciding factor.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,356,500 times
Alive, you obviously didn't get my point....but we're going in circles. Enjoy Iowa! (or wherever you end up) LOL

Last edited by Avalon08; 03-15-2010 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: added something

Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Today in Southern California it was in the 70s F, crystal clear skies, soft breeze, tons of cyclists, people swimming outdoors; and it will hit the 80s by mid week - beautiful.
I was in the SFV and it wasn't a soft breeze. It was WINDY. I took my 87 year old grandmother to lunch and she fell on the ground because the wind was so strong. People weren't swimming outdoors here... unless they like leaves in their pool

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 03-15-2010 at 12:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles