Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 AM

3 posts, read 7,142 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I am contemplating a career choice in Van Nuys (near the Van Nuys "city hall". I am looking to live either in Los Feliz or the Miracle Mile.

Realistically, what are the commute times from either neighborhood on the 101 both during rush hour and non rush hour?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 AM

736 posts, read 2,295,688 times
Either route would NOT be that bad..actually probably pretty good by LA standards.

I used to go from Los Feliz to No.Hollywood but that was over 10 years ago. To the extent there is a "reverse" commute in LA that was a reverse commute. That only took me like 20 minutes or so, peak hour. But you route to Van Nuys would be slightly different.

There was a post not long ago by Charles with a link to a site where you can get commute times. I don't recall the exact thread.

Again, by LA standards either route is pretty GOOD. I'd guesstimate that the Los Feliz to Van Nuys route would be 20 to 30 minutes, peak hour (on avg).

Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Thanks! I'm used to long commutes from Chicago (45 min- 1 hour) each way.

Los Feliz seems to be somewhat shorter than the Miracle Mile/Hancock Park I guess it is closer to the freeway. The 1 bedroom apartment prices seem to be slightly lower in Los Feliz, but not too much of a difference.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Traffic Reports | Traffic Alerts | Road Conditions | Traffic News & Delays | Traffic.com for real time suggested routes (including using streets) and traffic view (freeways only)
Sigalert.com Los Angeles Traffic Map for real time suggestions (using freeways only) and traffic view (freeways only)
maps.google.com for real time traffic (including some streets and freeways) and historical or predicted traffic (use the "traffic at time and day" option)

Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamvr74 View Post
Thanks! I'm used to long commutes from Chicago (45 min- 1 hour) each way.

Los Feliz seems to be somewhat shorter than the Miracle Mile/Hancock Park I guess it is closer to the freeway. The 1 bedroom apartment prices seem to be slightly lower in Los Feliz, but not too much of a difference.

Yes, exactly the advantage of Los Feliz over Miracle Mile is you are closer to the Freeway. That said, the Mircale Mile is a very central location and I don't think the commute time would that much different to Van Nuys.

Both neighborhoods are great. Again, by LA standards your commute would be a veritable walk in the park.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Traffic Reports | Traffic Alerts | Road Conditions | Traffic News & Delays | Traffic.com for real time suggested routes (including using streets) and traffic view (freeways only)
Sigalert.com Los Angeles Traffic Map for real time suggestions (using freeways only) and traffic view (freeways only)
maps.google.com for real time traffic (including some streets and freeways) and historical or predicted traffic (use the "traffic at time and day" option)

Cool...thanks for posting this again Charles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles