U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 06:21 PM

54 posts, read 75,559 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate to Burbank from NY in about two years, so no time like the present to begin the search for a place. I know the area fairly well, but visiting and living are two different matters.

A really annoying online practice is for realtors to restrict information unless you feed them a bunch of info about yourself. My move is a bit off in the future, so I am just looking to get a feel right now. If you know of local realtors who do not engage in that practice, I'm all ears.

I like the area close to Toluca Lake - near Bob's Big Boy/Vons, etc., but I saw the site for Scott Villa online and that looked like a great apartment complex, though I'm not sure about the area.

Any thoughts on some decent apartments in the Burbank/Toluca Lake area that is more on the quiet side (I'll be in my mid 40s), clean, covered parking, and -- a big plus -- washer dryer in the apartment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 PM

448 posts, read 1,525,282 times
I know this area very well because it's in my neck of the woods. You're talking about the area around Riverside Drive (Bob's big boy). Yes, this area is very nice, so if you can afford it, by all means live there. The people are very nice and I like the Trader Joes very much.

Toluca Lake is a very quiet neighborhood, so you'll fit right in. I tend to stay on the West side of Clybourn street, so I'm speaking more from the Los Angeles perspective. I'm sure there will be some to provide you with a Burbank perspective if you want to live on the East side of Clybourn.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 AM

422 posts, read 1,745,703 times
I am a former Burbank resident. I think you'd be very happy in the area you're talking about. Toluca Lake is higher rent but also nicer. That part of town is closer to studios. You may also consider the north side of town above San Fernando Road and the Old Burbank area.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,240,689 times
If I were you, I'd look into a duplex. The area bordered by Burbank on the North, Magnolia on the South, Pass on the west, and Hollywood Way on the East is full of decent rentals. I live in this area and I absolutely love it. I'm close to all sorts of shopping, and just a couple minutes from the 5, 101, and 170. It's definitely a quite and walkable area, full of families, and don't forget about Porto's right around the corner.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 PM

304 posts, read 889,689 times
Welcome to LA! We are glad you are mving here. LA is the coolest place on Earth. It is a metropolis that has everything imaginable at your fingertips with great weather on top.

Burbank and Toluca Lake and the Rancho are excellent choices. Staying on the South side of the San Fernando Valley might be better than the North (Scott Road) side. Years ago I used to live on the north side of Burbank because I couldnt afford to be closer in. Now the Rancho is one of my favorite neighborhoods.

Your budget will determine where you can be. If you are not moving for a bit, checking in closer to your arrival would be a good idea. Prices will have changed. Of course, if you can do a reconaissance mission to line up work and housing in advance, then better yet. I can help with research....

Again, welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles