Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,503,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I am all for it if it cost the people nothing, a private organization pays for it as some have said is the case, and they can get a team to move here.

theterribleone, You stated that the Vikings might make the trip to LA? Not a fan but could become one if they decide to move out here.
Yes, they are having major trouble getting a public financed stadium out in Minneapolis. A private stadium with little hassle might be a better option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 PM

1,955 posts, read 10,979,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Neighboring Walnut and Diamond Bar aren't too happy though.
Money talked ... both cities "settled" for a huge chunk of money and allowed it to go through. $9 million + $500k/year over 30 years for Walnut, $20+ million package for Diamond Bar. Both are under the premise of traffic mitigation.

All I can vouch for is that the Diamond Bar crunch (the stretch between the two 60/57 interchanges) is going to get a lot worse. With the 71 being another 19 years out before it finally becomes a freeway, traffic is gonna suck through my neighborhood.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 PM

140 posts, read 129,011 times
It could be the Vikings, but from what I understand it will more likely be Jacksonville or San Diego. St. Louis was a possibility until a local owner bought them recently.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 PM

The Charges would be nice.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:12 PM

493 posts, read 1,446,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theterribleone View Post
The Charges would be nice.
At least that would be a winning team.

I don't think the fans in LA would support an NFL team. The fans are too fickle. We had two NFL teams in the area at one time, and now the second-largest TV market in the country has none. The fans were all for the Raiders when they were winning, but let them go back to Oakland when they weren't.

I'm wondering how many fans have fallen off the USC bandwagon, with the under-performing season and the departure of Pete Carroll?

Old 03-24-2010, 03:25 AM

305 posts, read 771,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post

I don't think the fans in LA would support an NFL team. The fans are too fickle. We had two NFL teams in the area at one time, and now the second-largest TV market in the country has none. The fans were all for the Raiders when they were winning, but let them go back to Oakland when they weren't.

I'm wondering how many fans have fallen off the USC bandwagon, with the under-performing season and the departure of Pete Carroll?
Why do people say that the fans were fickle but don't look at the reasons for the Raiders and Rams leaving in the first place (Al Davis, Georgia Frontiere, and the incompetence of the L.A. City Council and the NFL)? The fans had nothing to do with the Raiders and Rams leaving and there wasn't much they can do about that.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
I've skimmed this thread but LA does not deserve to have a team. Half of the people here still love the Raiders. That is like still loving an ex after dumping you and telling you "I'm going back to my old partner to get married!". I do not understand the logic with Raider fans...answered own question. They don't use logic. Another 25% or so are Rams fans which I can understand since they were for a long time. So that leaves around 1/3 of the population that would even care if we got a team. LA fans are such bad fans. If the team starts off sucking which they probably will since most expansion teams suck for the first five years, no one will go to the games.

I think Vegas should get a name before us. I think there has been some talk about Orlando getting a team as well. Those two places before us. If the 2nd biggest city in the country really wanted a team here, it wouldn't take 20 years to happen.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I wish the NFL would help rebuild the Coliseum so that fans could take the train to football games downtown and not have to travel way out into the east San Gabriel valley. But if the stadium is going to be built I will be happy to go to the City of Industry for a game. But when will it finally be built? 5, 10 years away?
The link mentioned 2012.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post

I think LA has great fans. Instead of lamenting the loss, you should be proud. Why? you stood up to the people who waster tax money on stadiums. You were the first to do it and now a stadium had being built your way. In the northeast and Dallas, the owners built the stadiums with their own money. You should be proud.

Stand up LA!

Old 04-16-2010, 02:17 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,038,600 times
it seems that there's yet another new twist to the LA nfl stadium saga. i have no idea if this plan has any substance, but i will say that the concept of a centrally located downtown stadium near mass transit is very intriguing.

of course, this plan is in direct competition with ed roski's city of industry stadium, so it's going to be an either/or proposition, not both.

Another NFL stadium plan for L.A.?

"...according to multiple sources, Wasserman and Leiweke are considering getting back in the stadium game.

They are investigating the possibility of building a stadium behind Staples Center, where the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center now sits, with the idea of replacing that convention space elsewhere in the general area.

So far, the concept is in the preliminary stages, although the NFL is aware of it and is monitoring its progress."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles