Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:17 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverlycromwell View Post
my son had got off the trolley and some gang members notice he had on red he is not even a gang member he plays basketball for san diego high school one of the gang members walk up to him and said where are you from my son said nowhere it was smart for him to say that he told me he stayed calm he wasn't afraid then he walked to his grandmother house
For real? I have never seen/heard or had that happen to me before.

is it blue? what are the colors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 12:14 PM

31 posts, read 92,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
I wear red and blue all the time on the Westside and never have any problems.
Sure you do...*liar*

Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRokmon View Post
Sure you do...*liar*
What?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInExiles View Post
I wish I could agree with you there, but that's so far from the truth.

What you're saying is partly true though. Many of the Black American gangs (Bloods & Crips) in the Eastside of South Central (East of Main Street) are in decline, but they're not by any means disappearing. Many of those same idiots are relocating to other parts of the city, and even to suburbs like Lancaster, Palmdale, Rialto, Moreno Valley, Victorville, Bakersfield, etc, dragging the quality of life down there too.

Not to mention Black American gangs still have a stronghold on basically all of the Westside of South Central, Gardena, Carson (Del Amo), large parts of Watts, and about half of Compton. But it won't be too long before these idiots decide to follow their comrades, and relocate to the same areas I've mentioned above.
There cant be a eastside of the south side of Los Angeles(South Central). Doesnt make sense. You mean the southeast of Los Angeles are where they reside.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:37 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times
Quote:
There cant be a eastside of the south side of Los Angeles(South Central). Doesnt make sense. You mean the southeast of Los Angeles are where they reside.
Isn't it a little too early to be drinking?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
What?
According to some of these "L.A. posters" you shouldnt be decked out in Blue and Red if you fit a certain mold. Like lets say if your a YOUNG MALE around the city. Its seems it isnt safe with them two colors but i believe people tend to exagerate when it comes to some ****. That being one of them. People may have died in the past over colors but that CANT be happening everyday. Like the Bloods,Crips, and Mexican gangs be hawking all day just to shoot a ma****a wearing these colors! Bull****!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:
south central is a geographic area designation, not a statute direction -therefore, you can have an east side of it.

Your post is like saying there cannot be a south side of North Carolina.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
south central is a geographic area designation, not a statute direction -therefore, you can have an east side of it.

Your post is like saying there cannot be a south side of North Carolina.
No my post was correcting what he was saying. He was talking about the SOUTHSIDE of Los Angeles which is foremally known as "South Central". Theres no eastside to a southside. He means the SOUTHEAST of L.A.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
No my post was correcting what he was saying. He was talking about the SOUTHSIDE of Los Angeles which is foremally known as "South Central". Theres no eastside to a southside. He means the SOUTHEAST of L.A.
There is an "eastside of the westside" despite that seeming contradictory.

There is a long history in South Central of the term "east side" being used to describe Southeast L.A. Both terms are valid.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
I thought they stopped calling it "South Central" because it came off racist because only minorities live there. That's what I heard on the radio. So they just call it Central L.A. now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles