Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

My thoughts on this years Lakers?

* Ron Artest and Lamar Odom should beat the snot out of Ball hogging Kobe Bryant.
* They would still be in the playoffs if Bryant played team ball. 30 shots per game is NOT team ball.
* Triangle should be played from the inside out - offense run through Bynum and Gasol where they should pass out to open teammates. NOT Bryant jacking up bad shots with 3 defenders on him.

Howard would be a nice addition to the team but not at the expense of losing Gasol. Lakers should almost NEVER lose if Bryant gets 8 assists and shoots LESS than 20 shots per game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 04:00 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,677 times
There is a reason teams rarely make four straight Finals appearances. The Lakers just didn't have it this year. Too much mileage. Too many distractions. Pau Gasol was in lala land for large portions of the season. Kobe Bryant still believes its 2006 and he can carry the team on his back. Similarly, he still thinks Andrew Bynum is not worthy of taking a decent number of shots in a game. Odom was consistent all season just to become inconsistent when the playoffs started. And Ron Artest was often too ineffective. Derek Fisher looked like a senior citizen out there. Steve Blake simply was ineffective. Matt Barnes was good until he injured his knee. He was never the same after that. And Shannon Brown still has no understanding of the Triangle offense.

If I missed anything please feel free to pile on.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 AM

139 posts, read 300,649 times
The Lakers better hope there isn't a next season so some of those contracts can expire and free up some money. Too much money is tied up players that are inneffective and out of their prime. Odom, Artest, Walton are all untradable because nobody wants them, so they are stuck with them. Bynum and Gasol are the only people you can realistically think of trading.
If they are really committed to rebuilding I would honestly try to make a trade for Kobe because he isn't what he used to be and his ego may get in the way of properly bringing up a successor.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y'all smile now! Grandpa? View Post
There, guess that's descriptive enough. Oh, that just means that obviously I've probably had a "few too many", at one time or another(ha), but if I'm not staying down than no doubt there's room for a few more!! There must be a "full moon" out tonight. Ok, now for my question. Got to have an inquiry. So I need to know, do you think my Lakers are gonna do it again this year?? Hey, I can't help it. I was able to get back up.
They destroyed team chemistry by trading Trevor Ariza for Ron Artest. That was their undoing. They should have paid Ariza and kept their youth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles