Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 9,219 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I am excited to be relocating to CA, but am so anxious about moving, as I don't know the area well. I am looking for safe and nice areas near Burbank. I've done a lot of research but there are so many mixed reviews on areas, apartments, etc. A friend told me to look in Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Burbank itself - but I don't know where the "good" areas are. Someone else said to look South of Ventura. I'd like to spend $1800/mo or less. I'll probably be flying out there next weekend to apartment hunt - maybe it's better to hire a realtor to help? Sooo stressed!!

Looking for any advice, tips, etc.

Thanks!
Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 01:59 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,003 times
My friend used to live in a nice upscale quiet condo complex on Via Torino, off lower Cabrini. But she was sharing the townhouse and paying over $1500, so that may be beyond your budget. The Burbank hills off of Country Club Dr or Sunset Cyn is very residential & peaceful, but I'm not sure if there are any condos up there. If you were on the Westside, I'd suggest westsiderentals but you might want to try one of the more prominent realtors out that way like Brad Korb for advise.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 9,219 times
I've heard of Westsiderentals - is it worth the $$ to join? I wish someone could point me in the right direction in terms of where to concentrate my search. I have to figure this out in less than 4 weeks and am so anxious. Thank you for the reply!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:01 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,938,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbies00 View Post
I've heard of Westsiderentals - is it worth the $$ to join? I wish someone could point me in the right direction in terms of where to concentrate my search. I have to figure this out in less than 4 weeks and am so anxious. Thank you for the reply!
no ITS NOT WORTH THE JOINING FEE....many people join and find out the listings they advertise befor you join are NOT AVAIL... you may get a few listings and when you call them they TO ARE ALL RENTED.

try www.apartmentguide.com www.forrent.com and www.apartments.com or craigs list.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:33 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
no ITS NOT WORTH THE JOINING FEE....many people join and find out the listings they advertise befor you join are NOT AVAIL... you may get a few listings and when you call them they TO ARE ALL RENTED.

try www.apartmentguide.com www.forrent.com and www.apartments.com or craigs list.
This information is not correct. I've joined and out of the 25+ properties I sent messages to, only one was rented and that one had been rented out that same day.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
MsJ

15 posts, read 37,246 times
I agree bad westside rentals! I live in Burbank and it is very expensive.... I have been here over 25 years....

any where above glenoaks....or near glenoaks.... donot live on grismer... san fernando road...

Burbank is pretty safe the small town (LA standards) is very comforting.... I love it really. I found my 1st apt and others here by driving around.... after that it is all who ya know!
Good luck.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 AM

1,203 posts, read 4,419,160 times
Check out the area bordered by Chandler on the North, Verdugo on the South, Buena Vista on the East, and Pass on the West.

I live in this area and absolutely love it. It is a completely safe and walkable area, and it extremely close to dining, grocery stores, banks, etc... Not to mention you are near the 134, 101, 170, and the 5 freeways.

For 1800, you can get a nice 2 bedroom place if you look hard. I'm paying a little less than that, and I have a 2 bedroom duplex on a month-to-month lease, with a car garage, and a huge yard for my dog.

Please don't sign up for any of those bs sites. If you spend one day driving around that area, I promise you will find a place.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 AM

Thanks to the posters who agree with me about Westside Rentals....xo

Old 04-12-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
This information is not correct. I've joined and out of the 25+ properties I sent messages to, only one was rented and that one had been rented out that same day.

Really? very interesting since not ONE person I know or any realtor has I nice thing to say about them.......ask any realtor in LA and they will AGREE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 AM

here is some INfo on Westsiderentals.com and what others who have used it or worked for them have to say.............

Ripoff Report: Westside Rentals ripoff Santa Monica California

Westside Rentals: More Funny Business? | Losanjealous

Westside Rentals - Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA

BBB Review of Westside Rental Connection - Rental Vacancy Listing Service - Santa Monica, CA

Dali Drama: Westside rentals sucks

Cheated by rental service? File a complaint! - Lansner on Real Estate : The Orange County Register

and this is just a partial listing of the 100's of Negative articles about this company
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles