Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,231,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Los Angeles - Mayor Villaraigosa has been seen at several Lakers playoff games, which in itself isn't a big deal... But what may be a big deal is how he is scoring those hot courtside tickets.
When Villaraigosa goes to Lakers game, he gets attention on television and even on youtube, but what has our attention is that his seats are worth well over two-thousand bucks each and he says he gets the tickets for free.
John Schwada has more in this video report.
Video here:

LA Mayor Scores Big on Lakers Tickets (http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/la-mayor-scores-big-on-lakers-tickets-20100526 - broken link)

Would anybody honestly expect anything more from this former MEChA member and four time bar exam flunky?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,385,773 times
Wow, this is such an earthshaking post. Imagine the mayor attending Laker games for free! Did you call all your relatives to tell them about this? Geez, I suppose you are going to lose a whole night's sleep just fretting about this huge scandal. And I notice your added your racist garbage in the post as well. Now I know why Republicans are so miserable living in Los Angeles; it's because mayor Villaraigosa does criminal things like taking in the Laker playoffs!

Old 05-28-2010, 05:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Video here:

LA Mayor Scores Big on Lakers Tickets (http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/la-mayor-scores-big-on-lakers-tickets-20100526 - broken link)

Would anybody honestly expect anything more from this former MEChA member and four time bar exam flunky?
Heck to the no! What more can you expect from someone whose CV includes the "People's College of Law"?

People's College of Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"PCL uses an alternative method of law school admission which rejects the LSAT due to what the school views as its cultural and sociological limitations."

Newsflash - maybe the PCL alumni are just too stupid or unqualified to pass the LSAT because they have pretend teachers pretend teaching pretend law?

I sincerely doubt we'll be hearing about this slime ball much after his term is done.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 PM

787 posts, read 1,942,469 times
More racist garbage from Visit a Library....whose only reading is probably "Mein Kampf"

Give it up dude.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:30 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
More racist garbage from Visit a Library....whose only reading is probably "Mein Kampf"

Give it up dude.
Give what up? Can you afford an explanation as to why the mayor should not disclose from whom he received the premium Lakers tickets?

BTW, welcome to the year 2010, where the term "racist" doesn't shut down discussions anymore, so try making a point without using a reductionism. Best of luck...

Old 05-29-2010, 03:30 AM

170 posts, read 399,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Wow, this is such an earthshaking post. Imagine the mayor attending Laker games for free! Did you call all your relatives to tell them about this? Geez, I suppose you are going to lose a whole night's sleep just fretting about this huge scandal. And I notice your added your racist garbage in the post as well. Now I know why Republicans are so miserable living in Los Angeles; it's because mayor Villaraigosa does criminal things like taking in the Laker playoffs!
Very interesting how you deem those who do not fit your ideological profile as Republican. And hows the mention of Mecha a "racial garbage?"

Old 05-29-2010, 07:49 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
I used to see Mayor Riordon at Laker game all the time. No big deal.

Oh, and when did he change his name from Villaraigosa to Villar? I havent heard of that or are some people here are just trying to be funny but failing? They guy's name is VILLARIAGOSA not Villar. You wouldnt go up to Kareem Abdul Jabbar and say "Hey whats going on Lou?". You wouldnt greet Muhammad Ali with "Whats crackin' Cassius?". Im pretty sure the guy calls himself Villariagosa.

Peace

Old 05-29-2010, 08:05 AM

787 posts, read 1,942,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Give what up? Can you afford an explanation as to why the mayor should not disclose from whom he received the premium Lakers tickets?

BTW, welcome to the year 2010, where the term "racist" doesn't shut down discussions anymore, so try making a point without using a reductionism. Best of luck...
Yes, I AGREE...it is 2010. I do NOT throw around the term racist very easily.

But I have seen other posts by you including this one in a thread I started on Pasadena:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Visit a Library[/b];14239872]That's somewhat troubling. In just a few years, Whites will probably be only a plurality, then eventually a minority.
I find it very troubling that you seem to have problems living in a pluralistic society where non-whites have power and maybe even majority status.

It is equally troubling that you apparently belong to a group (Voice of Reason Network) that peddles holocaust revisionism.

For the record, I am white and not jewish.

Last edited by SoCal35; 05-29-2010 at 08:16 AM..

Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,247 times
who cares....

Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,385,773 times
This morning's LA Times has an article on precisely the same subject as this thread. The issue is that Villaraigosa accepts free seats\ appearances at nearly all the cultural\ social\ business functions and ties them together with official city business. Maybe like his predecessor, mayor Hahn, the current mayor should pay for his own tickets. But considering how much more interesting and articulate Villaraigosa is compared to Hahn, I think it is fine that he appear at all these events. Business in Los Angeles is a lot about appearance and being involved and officially recognizing various people\ companies who live or are headquartered in LA seems to be a good use of the mayor's time.

BTW, the article said that a courtside seat at Staples is $3100 [I would have guessed even higher especially during the Laker playoffs].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles