Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,001,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Might as well ban all big rigs during rush hour. Getting hit by one of those is obviously more dangerous than a regular vehicle.
If big-rigs played no important role in the US economy and were only purchased for show then they should be banned. But they are important, so we have to deal with them. Lifted-trucks serve no important function, they are toys. There is no sense in letting someone's toy but others at unnecessary risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Like I said, I don't and never have owned a truck but if you people want to single out one particular type of vehicle..
The issue is not normal trucks, some people actually use their trucks in important ways. Lifting a truck actually makes less useful, its just a toy. Like many other off-road toys, they should not be legal on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 11:39 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,299,986 times
Sounds like they are already illegal to me. Maybe you should send a letter to your congressmen and convince them to remind the police so they can give them all tickets for $400 to reduce the budget deficit.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 721 times
I see where y'all's opinion is coming from but at the same time we recently had a tornado that hit our community and I reported to where the houses were there was four bodies in there critically injured I was the only one that could get down there for a muddy field powerlines in the way I was the only one that could get down there now trucks are always handy a lot of people Got stuck before in snow and other things that Only lifted trucks could help and I've seen a lot of accidents where if the truck was not as high as it was then the person in the oposing vehicle would most likely not be here today.do y'all realize that thousands to millions of fire departments,police units, or Evan electric company's they all have lifted trucks to help. Have y'all realize that most of y'all's fire department guys drive lifted trucks . And if y'all are going to say that the lifted truck community have small dicks why that's just an opinion it's nothing but in opinion of what kind of vehicle you like if you're going to make that case you can make a case of somebody that buys a Chevy Malibu has a small dick somebody that buys a Prius has a small dick I mean it's just of what you like you want you don't like and what you see and helps your life style.if you're going to ban lifted trucks you need to ban the little Honda Civic that sound like a weedeater going by your house in 1 o'clock in the morningand doing burnouts wherever they please were trying to race through town there's more than one way to looking at stuff like this..

Old 12-08-2016, 11:00 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,413,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr hale virgina View Post
I see where y'all's opinion is coming from but at the same time we recently had a tornado that hit our community and I reported to where the houses were there was four bodies in there critically injured I was the only one that could get down there for a muddy field powerlines in the way I was the only one that could get down there now trucks are always handy a lot of people Got stuck before in snow and other things that Only lifted trucks could help and I've seen a lot of accidents where if the truck was not as high as it was then the person in the oposing vehicle would most likely not be here today.do y'all realize that thousands to millions of fire departments,police units, or Evan electric company's they all have lifted trucks to help. Have y'all realize that most of y'all's fire department guys drive lifted trucks . And if y'all are going to say that the lifted truck community have small dicks why that's just an opinion it's nothing but in opinion of what kind of vehicle you like if you're going to make that case you can make a case of somebody that buys a Chevy Malibu has a small dick somebody that buys a Prius has a small dick I mean it's just of what you like you want you don't like and what you see and helps your life style.if you're going to ban lifted trucks you need to ban the little Honda Civic that sound like a weedeater going by your house in 1 o'clock in the morningand doing burnouts wherever they please were trying to race through town there's more than one way to looking at stuff like this..
How did I miss the news about a tornado in Los Angeles!?!?

Old 12-09-2016, 05:59 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,639,763 times
LE is useless in enforcing vehicle codes. They have bigger fish to fry.

I would hope that ones insurance provider would know about ones vehicle modifications and sets rates accordingly.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:35 AM

12,305 posts, read 8,005,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
LE is useless in enforcing vehicle codes. They have bigger fish to fry.

I would hope that ones insurance provider would know about ones vehicle modifications and sets rates accordingly.
You must have had no dealings with LA City's armed robbery force, the LAPD Traffic Division.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:19 AM

191 posts, read 341,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Are you under the impression that you can drive just anything on the street already? Your argument is a complete fallacy, the cities, states and the federal government already regulate what can and cannot be driven on streets/highways. The question is whether the benefits of allowing lifted trucks outweigh the risks. Now...what are the benefits? So some bros can make up for what they lack elsewhere? Lifted trucks don't benefit society in anyway, banning them would only benefit society.

On the other hand big-rigs are a critical part of commerce, and yet you still can't drive them on just any street.

Never has "personal liberty" in this country meant you should be able to do whatever you want regardless of its effects on others.

Well said user_id.

Unfortunately, lawlessness has become a normal part of society today because many people are just plain ignorant and that includes much of law enforcement.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:31 PM

13,573 posts, read 15,510,252 times

Old 12-13-2016, 07:51 AM

^^ This thread has no avatars ^^

Old 12-13-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
You must have had no dealings with LA City's armed robbery force, the LAPD Traffic Division.
Some areas can afford enforcing vehicle code. Most of those who pay the fines do so voluntarily. One does not have to have exhaust that rivals a jet engine with noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles