Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:17 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times

Advertisements

Looks like someone underestimated the tenacity of Gulf Coast residents. When you are in love with a region, you arent going to leave easily.The coast will survive this, as they have survived numerous trials in the past. One thing people in this area dont do, is give up. Dont sell them short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 03:13 PM

194 posts, read 528,823 times
Right on, Innotech.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:55 PM

432 posts, read 1,085,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Looks like someone underestimated the tenacity of Gulf Coast residents. When you are in love with a region, you arent going to leave easily.The coast will survive this, as they have survived numerous trials in the past. One thing people in this area dont do, is give up. Dont sell them short.
Amen, Bro!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:47 AM

148 posts, read 279,700 times
BP really, really has me MAD...they have done nothing but cut corners, lie, deceive, cover up...they are arrogant !@#$%^&.

Yesterday, I was driving over one of our local bridges going to a barrier island. Underneath it is an old causeway that was converted into a park for boating, fishing, picnicing, etc. I stopped by and sat watching the Indian River all around me heading towards the ocean...There were scads of brown pelicans, egrets, and herons all hanging out...some of the fishermen were feeding the pelicans bait or whatnot. I love pelicans, the way they dive into the water for food and sit resting on the piers and wooden barriers...I felt so sad that these same birds are in such severe danger on the Gulf...I love wildlife and hate to see it suffer because of the foolishness and lack of concern of mankind.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:42 PM

432 posts, read 1,085,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrob View Post
BP really, really has me MAD...they have done nothing but cut corners, lie, deceive, cover up...they are arrogant !@#$%^&.

Yesterday, I was driving over one of our local bridges going to a barrier island. Underneath it is an old causeway that was converted into a park for boating, fishing, picnicing, etc. I stopped by and sat watching the Indian River all around me heading towards the ocean...There were scads of brown pelicans, egrets, and herons all hanging out...some of the fishermen were feeding the pelicans bait or whatnot. I love pelicans, the way they dive into the water for food and sit resting on the piers and wooden barriers...I felt so sad that these same birds are in such severe danger on the Gulf...I love wildlife and hate to see it suffer because of the foolishness and lack of concern of mankind.
USA Today has provided a web-based oil spill tracking map that updates almost daily. It has a loop-current overlay feature that hopefully indicates the Indian River area may be spared. Unfortunately, that particular feature does not update as does the observed oil coverage. Still looking for more useful sources for those of you living in the danger zones.

Wishing you guys the best on the eastern seaboard...

See how the oil spill grows in the Gulf of Mexico - USATODAY.com

Here's another that provides a more informative legend under the Layers menu:

http://www.esri.com/services/disaster-response/gulf-oil-spill-2010/timeline-advanced.html (broken link)

Last edited by JimLFT; 06-25-2010 at 05:02 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 04:59 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
I'm a Cajun. We've been here long before the oil industry.

I wouldn't mind the OIL INDUSTRY going somewhere else... in fact I hope the moratorium lasts for a long time to send some of the oil field infidels back to mississippi, texas, oklahoma or where ever they came from.

Take BP with you.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 PM

268 posts, read 743,773 times
Louisiana is the LAST place on earth you LEAVE to get away from hard times. That state has never had anything else.
But there is something about living your life in the most welcoming, fun, laid back, good food-eating, hard partying,
life-loving area in the country that makes you realize anywhere else is a step down. If I was gonna face hard times,
I would damn sure get myself to South LA to DO it.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:22 PM

268 posts, read 743,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
I'm a Cajun. We've been here long before the oil industry.

I wouldn't mind the OIL INDUSTRY going somewhere else... in fact I hope the moratorium lasts for a long time to send some of the oil field infidels back to mississippi, texas, oklahoma or where ever they came from.

Take BP with you.
Hold it now Sac man...if it weren't for the oil industry, you couldn't
get to half your favorite fishing spots, bra.
But yeah, that's a way of thinking that ain't wrong. BTW, I think that is the best nick on any forum I have read.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:52 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post

I agree hands down !!! I love the Gulf Coast and really can`t imagine leaving anywhere else. I have lived in an inland city before and there is something about the Gulf coastal atmosphere that can`t be matched.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:22 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
The Fishermen don't get their jobs back after the moratorium.

If I hear one more oil field worker blame the govt for this spill I think I'll hit them with a wrench.

What hypocrites. The Oil industry has been raping Louisiana since day one and the citizens are more worried about their jobs than their own freakin planet.

Take those jobs and go somewhere else. Believe me, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Many of us would rather have shrimp than redneck bubba neighbors who work offshore.

There is no God given right to a job, particularly one that takes a dump on the planet and calls that success.

Get a clue, We The Sheeple.

Isn't there something in the bible about being a good steward? Cajuns failed that test bigtime.

There will be a price to pay for such arrogance and stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana