Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 PM

40 posts, read 82,262 times

Advertisements

We are actually thinking of moving and only in part to the oil spll. We are seriously considering moving to South Dakota. I know I am a southern girl that has only lived in southern states but between the crime and now the spill I am ready to leave again. I shouldn't have agreed to come back after Katrina.
It is disgusting the number of people I know that are getting big fat monthly checks from BP claiming they were shrimpers working for cash even though they were no such thing! You don't need actual proof to get paid, you only have to know of someone that has or had a boat and will claim you worked with them in the gulf at one point or another last year. Unbelievable!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 02:44 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,674,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrow08 View Post
We are actually thinking of moving and only in part to the oil spll. We are seriously considering moving to South Dakota. I know I am a southern girl that has only lived in southern states but between the crime and now the spill I am ready to leave again. I shouldn't have agreed to come back after Katrina.
It is disgusting the number of people I know that are getting big fat monthly checks from BP claiming they were shrimpers working for cash even though they were no such thing! You don't need actual proof to get paid, you only have to know of someone that has or had a boat and will claim you worked with them in the gulf at one point or another last year. Unbelievable!!!
I'm willing to bet greed exists everywhere.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM

40 posts, read 82,262 times
MetroBTR, right you are! I guess the fact that I live in an area that has to close everything by 11 pm (with the exception of a few gas stations and Walgreens) due to crime is really the bottom line for moving. The oil spill and the true nature of some people has just pushed me to want to move faster. Besides, I need to get out of the heat!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:55 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,074,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertype View Post
Doesn't anyone remember former Vice President Dick Cheney's secret meetings with with oil company executives?

Doesn't anyone remember President Ronald Reagan said "the 9 scariest words in the English language are - I'm from the government and I'm here to help?"

He, the Bushes, and the GOP decimated regulatory agencies for everything from the environment to education. Bubba ate that cr*p with a spoon, even loved Sarah Palin saying "drill baby drill." Now look at the mess they've made of the Gulf coast, the economy, and everything in America they touch.

Yep, it stems all from the all mighty dollar and the GOP leads the pack....remember, it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than a rich man into heaven.....

Old 07-14-2010, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,418 times
i am originally from louisana and have been living in virginia for the last 25 years. my husband is retired military and i want to move back. i miss home. i have worked in the animal field for all those years. will be looking for a job as manager or medical receptionists.
would appreciate any input on where to look for a job. i will be living in the lafayette area with friends for now. my brother who lives in eunice says this is not the time to move.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
Yep, it stems all from the all mighty dollar and the GOP leads the pack....remember, it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than a rich man into heaven.....
And guess how many of your beloved democratic party leaders are strapped for cash while the "little people" penny pinch...

Old 07-14-2010, 04:58 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,032,937 times
You guys are crazy to leave one of the greatest state ever in these USA

Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,234,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
And guess how many of your beloved democratic party leaders are strapped for cash while the "little people" penny pinch...

According to the cbo.gov, the referee... your Reich Wingnut boys bankrupted the USA in the 5.6 trillion level before Obama ever announced his candidacy.
Some estimate place it in the 14 trillion range when you consider LOST CONSUMER WEALTH during the 8 yr bush debacle.

Mission Accomplished?

Try being a bit more honest and we won't look upon you as deluded.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,234,967 times
Anyone miss $4 per gallon gas prices?
I don't.

Shrimpers, Fishermen and Oystermen don't get their job back after the moratorium while roughrednecks whine about their job.

How about you get a job that doesn't poop on the planet, Professor Hypocrite.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
According to the cbo.gov, the referee... your Reich Wingnut boys bankrupted the USA in the 5.6 trillion level before Obama ever announced his candidacy.
Some estimate place it in the 14 trillion range when you consider LOST CONSUMER WEALTH during the 8 yr bush debacle.

Mission Accomplished?

Try being a bit more honest and we won't look upon you as deluded.
Here you go again acting like you know something about me and my personal political beliefs. Who are my rich wingnut boys? Who's the "we" you refer to in your final sentence?

The problem with you is that you think because somebody disagrees with Obama they must've adored Bush.

Moronic

But either way, because Bush couldn't do a better job, somehow it is okay for Obama to be a screw up. Got it.

I ask again...If they are so concerned about the poor, you would think they could sacrifice a little more. But instead they brainwash fools into thinking they care, ONLY to get your vote and stay in power.

That's what 99% of Politicians do. They do what it takes to stay in power.

As for me, I'm not affiliated with a particular party, because my opinion of political parties mirrors that of George Washington. Now you know 1% of what goes into my political beliefs.

I vote for the person whom I don't smell bull sh*t on (now that makes 2%). If you have a problem with that, I suggest finding a way to cope.

Happy trails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana