Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,939 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm a Vietnamese student and this July I'm going to go to Alexandria 3 months. I participate in a program called Work and Travel in USA 2010. It means I will work at some fast food shops in Alexandria city, Louisiana to save money for travelling. Yep, I don't find much information of Alexandria in the Net. I hope all of you here - people who are living in Louisiana, help me. I want to know about the bus transportation (for ex: how much I spend to buy a ticket?), the people in Alexandria, the costs of living, the attractions. Is it easy for me to have a part time job in Alexandria? Where to buy cheap goods?
And one more thing, I will stay in New Orleans for 2 days before going to Alexandria (on Jule 3rd &4th). I don't have any friends there and don't want to take a hotel. Does the airport (Louis Armstrong Airport) has services like keeping luggage for passengers? And what should I do there?
First time going abroad, I'm really nervous. I really need your help
Thank you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM

432 posts, read 1,085,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenshi View Post
Hello everyone. I'm a Vietnamese student and this July I'm going to go to Alexandria 3 months. I participate in a program called Work and Travel in USA 2010. It means I will work at some fast food shops in Alexandria city, Louisiana to save money for travelling. Yep, I don't find much information of Alexandria in the Net. I hope all of you here - people who are living in Louisiana, help me. I want to know about the bus transportation (for ex: how much I spend to buy a ticket?), the people in Alexandria, the costs of living, the attractions. Is it easy for me to have a part time job in Alexandria? Where to buy cheap goods?
And one more thing, I will stay in New Orleans for 2 days before going to Alexandria (on Jule 3rd &4th). I don't have any friends there and don't want to take a hotel. Does the airport (Louis Armstrong Airport) has services like keeping luggage for passengers? And what should I do there?
First time going abroad, I'm really nervous. I really need your help
Thank you all
While I can't personally answer your specific questions about Alexandria, I'm confident others will be along to provide some good guidance.

I looked into your baggage storage issue and this is what I found on the airport's website:

Quote:
Baggage storage is available on the lower level between Baggage Claims 5 and 6. VIP Baggage Check Service is operated by Rush It Courier Service. Storage is available for regular and oversized items such as golf clubs, boxes, luggage, musical instruments, wheelchairs, etc. Rush It now offers full service cruise ship check-in from their Airport Office and can transport your luggage from the Airport to the Cruise Ship with advance check-in on the ship, leaving you more time to enjoy the Big Easy! 24 Hour Accessibility available upon request. For more information, please contact one of our baggage coordinators at (504) 471-0080.
I also want to compliment you on your English skills for someone who hasn't been abroad, as well as to wish you the best of luck in your job search. I hope this adventure of yours will provide many wonderful memories.

Safe travels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana