Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 04:39 PM

450 posts, read 2,055,838 times

Advertisements

Just back from a 17 day stay on the shores of beautiful T-Bend at mid-lake near the Pendleton Bridge. I am having big chunks of concrete dumped off my bluff and into the water to stop erosion from the almost ever-present breeze that I get. That keeps me alot cooler than the folks away from the main lake but I also have lots of wave action that eats into the bluff. It is not easy to get big rock unless you pay alot so I am settling for some big chunks of concrete instead. I may sprinkle some rock on top for "aesthetics".

The lake has been high and the fishing good. Lots of boats on the lake where I am. Water quality is good. Some people are at the lake having cancelled vacations planned for the Gulf. Eagle Point development near Cypress Bend is selling lots. Brandon Estates down by Lanana is building some more homes--high end. A little place called Sunset something or other is putting in some modular homes between Toledo Town and the Bridge. Brandon is also starting something called Cypress Villages--upscale--development near Cypress Bend.

Folks, there are still bargains here. I see some property listings that are good buys and even a guy and gal with modest means can get in here. The population is definitely increasing here and amenities--such as medical--will be moving closer. I am not a real estate guy--the forum doesn't allow for advertising--but I am just giving you the scoop without mentioning any specific listings.

This is one beautiful area and you should really check it out. Gas royalty money is also improving things around here. But don't think you can buy land and get the mineral rights. No one is selling those unless for big bucks. Lots of new pickup trucks in driveways and people are putting up out-buildings in areas around Zwolle/Converse/Mansfield with gas money. These wells are very deep and I trust will not pollute the water table and we don't need any pipeline spills! Big pipeline going in around Center, Texas on far north area of the big lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana