U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 AM
 
1,113 posts, read 1,996,239 times
Reputation: 831

Advertisements

Tim McVeigh wasn't violent?

The Reich Wingnuts have FAR more whackjobs. The TdoucheBags even throw bricks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2010, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Plano, TX
714 posts, read 2,616,408 times
Reputation: 416
SacalaitWhisperer,

You know, just from re-reading your posts, you're just not worth the debate. And I don't want be the reason the topic strays.

Have a good life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2010, 09:51 AM
 
94 posts, read 315,920 times
Reputation: 65
Man, I just have to weigh in here. You people bashing Rush are absolutely clueless about Rush. I love the "pill popping" lines used in present tense. He WAS addicted to meds in the past, um 10 years ago.... He has been clean since after he got help. Tolerance is something you only talk about but never do right? Everything is a chance to poke fun at someone's ailments right?

What Rush said is 100% true. Oil is natural. Oil seeps from the floor of the ocean every day. We never see it because it is absorbed and taken care of by nature. The BP spill is ABSOLUTELY NOT the worst off shore oil disaster... Check your facts. The main point of the entire BP problem is they wouldn't be out there drilling in 1 mile deep waters if they weren't pushed there by environmentalists claiming it was ruining the world. They have safety procedures that work in 200' water. This whole thing is new.

Wake up America. This oil spill is a problem that needs to be cleaned up. BP is doing the best it can. Obama is doing nothing and there is not 1 shred of proof otherwise. People all over the world want to help out and clean up but are unable to because of Obama's policies..... Check your facts AGAIN.

My favorite part of this whole post was this was just a set up to make fun of Rush. I laugh at the methods you use. You can't argue facts, truths, or reality so you push into a corner and just spout off the best "one liners" you can think of. "Rush is a pill popper", "crackhead", "Reich Wingnut whackjobs". Seriously, if this is all you have, no wonder you are losing your base day after day.

Oh, and let's top this whole thing off by claiming we MUST do something about the oil because of global warming.... Please... please.... take the bait......!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
 
18 posts, read 33,111 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalynx View Post
Man, I just have to weigh in here. You people bashing Rush are absolutely clueless about Rush. I love the "pill popping" lines used in present tense. He WAS addicted to meds in the past, um 10 years ago.... He has been clean since after he got help. Tolerance is something you only talk about but never do right? Everything is a chance to poke fun at someone's ailments right?

What Rush said is 100% true. Oil is natural. Oil seeps from the floor of the ocean every day. We never see it because it is absorbed and taken care of by nature. The BP spill is ABSOLUTELY NOT the worst off shore oil disaster... Check your facts. The main point of the entire BP problem is they wouldn't be out there drilling in 1 mile deep waters if they weren't pushed there by environmentalists claiming it was ruining the world. They have safety procedures that work in 200' water. This whole thing is new.

Wake up America. This oil spill is a problem that needs to be cleaned up. BP is doing the best it can. Obama is doing nothing and there is not 1 shred of proof otherwise. People all over the world want to help out and clean up but are unable to because of Obama's policies..... Check your facts AGAIN.

My favorite part of this whole post was this was just a set up to make fun of Rush. I laugh at the methods you use. You can't argue facts, truths, or reality so you push into a corner and just spout off the best "one liners" you can think of. "Rush is a pill popper", "crackhead", "Reich Wingnut whackjobs". Seriously, if this is all you have, no wonder you are losing your base day after day.

Oh, and let's top this whole thing off by claiming we MUST do something about the oil because of global warming.... Please... please.... take the bait......!!!
Wow, so much misinformation in one post. I guess that is what happens when you choose to get your information from one side only.

FACT: There has never been a natural seepage of oil on the scale of what is occurring in the gulf in recorded history. Not even close.
FACT: Environmentalists are not pushing oil companies into deeper water. The oil companies chose to drill that deep because they have already exhausted most of the shallow water reserves. Check out this map:
File:Gulf Coast Platforms.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Almost 4,000 wells of the coast of LA and TX and a majority are in shallow water.
FACT: Ixtop oil spill occurred in 160ft of water and it still took 6 months to stop the flow. Sure technology has progressed since '79 but to say that this wouldn't happen in shallow waters nowadays is simply irresponsible.

You need to check your FACTS again because just about every point you made was incorrect. And if you think BP has been transparent and open about everything since this spill happened you are high on the right-wing coolaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 06:38 AM
 
1,373 posts, read 2,430,311 times
Reputation: 1043
Politics in this country is at a new low, you have rightwing nutjobs that are way out of touch to the right, you have nut job left wingers to the left, with folks following these nut political cults like a bunch of sheep. Whatever happened to just plain common sense. Lets see billions of barrels of crude oil have been drilled from the gulf with oil company's making many more billions of dollars. Why is it that no one in the gulf has even one mega oil scimmer? Why is it that only foreign company's have this technolgy, this is a good time when both parties should be asking some serious questions about our oil protection technology, there shouldn't even be a debate about this between the 2 parties, but there so worried about there political agenda's that they never seem to be able to solve much of any problems. Here's a noval idea lets tax say 50 cents on a barrel of oil on anythang that comes in,drilled or otherwise crosses a united states border and use this money to build oil skimmers that can actually do somethan if a crises arises. Course that fat headed pill popping loudmouth would cry the government is trying to take over the oil business and the left wingers would want the money spent on windmills. GGEEEZZZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:31 AM
 
39 posts, read 99,040 times
Reputation: 16
While this may turn out to be one of the worst environmental disasters of all time, I do believe the earth will take care of it one way or another. Whether this was perpetrated intentionally or not, it's gone past the point of no return. I don't know if people are capable of stopping it anymore. Well, politicians are certainly not capable of it, and that's what this "cleanup effort" really is. It's politics. And they choose not to, for whatever reason. I suspect it's to be used as a distraction from their planning and provoking a war with Iran. However deep all that goes, it is currently beside the point.

This earth is a great sentient being, more powerful than we sometimes recognize, and she won't just let this kill her. Really, all she has to do is a little shimmy, and the hole could be covered. Granted, a little shimmy for the earth may mean a great tsunami for the people! I've heard plausible scientific predictions of anywhere from a 20-200 ft wave that spans the entire width of Florida. A hurricane will probably also shake things up, though again, that may mean even greater disaster for humans, not just the coastal region but all up the eastern seaboard. This hurricane season is predicted to be a doozy because the gulf waters are so unusually warm, and when one comes along it will pick up EVERYTHING that's out there, not just the oil but the chemical dispersants as well. When that happens it may just be like **** hitting a fan, oil and chemicals splattered all over the country, mostly on the gulf coast. It's likely the coast cannot recover from that, and the area will become uninhabitable, at least for several years.

Everyone has a different definition of natural!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Texas
44,250 posts, read 55,071,329 times
Reputation: 73259
Who cares what Rush Limbaugh says or thinks? Is he an expert on the environment, the oil industry, and ecoterrorism? No. But neither is Obama or Pelosi or their whole gang of thieves. All these people should shut up and let the people who know what they are doing get the job done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 AM
 
94 posts, read 315,920 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TTC5 View Post
Wow, so much misinformation in one post. I guess that is what happens when you choose to get your information from one side only.

FACT: There has never been a natural seepage of oil on the scale of what is occurring in the gulf in recorded history. Not even close.
FACT: Environmentalists are not pushing oil companies into deeper water. The oil companies chose to drill that deep because they have already exhausted most of the shallow water reserves. Check out this map:
File:Gulf Coast Platforms.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Almost 4,000 wells of the coast of LA and TX and a majority are in shallow water.
FACT: Ixtop oil spill occurred in 160ft of water and it still took 6 months to stop the flow. Sure technology has progressed since '79 but to say that this wouldn't happen in shallow waters nowadays is simply irresponsible.

You need to check your FACTS again because just about every point you made was incorrect. And if you think BP has been transparent and open about everything since this spill happened you are high on the right-wing coolaid.
Wow, not sure where you read all of these because they aren't on my post.


FACT: There has never been a natural seepage of oil on the scale of what is occurring in the gulf in recorded history. Not even close.

Did you read my post? I never said oil seepage was on the same level. Check YOUR references...


FACT: Environmentalists are not pushing oil companies into deeper water. The oil companies chose to drill that deep because they have already exhausted most of the shallow water reserves. Check out this map:
File:Gulf Coast Platforms.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Almost 4,000 wells of the coast of LA and TX and a majority are in shallow water.


You post a picture from Wikipedia showing oil well locations where each dot would be approximately 5 miles across and claim that as proof? You obviously have no experience in the oil business. There can be as many as 100 wells in a single square mile and still not get all of the petroleum out. Obama and Congress have halted off shore drilling shortly after Obama was elected. Check YOUR references AND your FACTS!


FACT: Ixtop oil spill occurred in 160ft of water and it still took 6 months to stop the flow. Sure technology has progressed since '79 but to say that this wouldn't happen in shallow waters nowadays is simply irresponsible.

Wow, you supported my fact. Ixtop is the worst oil disaster in the Gulf, not in the world. Ixtop was larger than BP by many many times as of today. It was in 160ft of water so it is much easier to repair. Have you ever tried to cap a high pressure well with a robotic sub that must be neutrally buoyant just to be down there? It doesn't work. The Kuwait oil spill of 1991 was the largest oil spill in water in the world and it was many many times larger than Ixtop. I applaud your effort to use facts this time. However, you should use them to your advantage, not mine in a debate.


You need to check your FACTS again because just about every point you made was incorrect. And if you think BP has been transparent and open about everything since this spill happened you are high on the right-wing coolaid.


Hmm, can you go ahead and give me just 1 point that I made that was incorrect?? After all you typed, you failed to do so. Very, very typical left wing attack. Empty words without ANY facts (except Ixtop. That was a fact but I am sure you didn't Google long enough to get the real facts while your were composing your post)

So, I say again, you want to debate facts? Bring em on... I have them on my side. Oh, and single sided news, HA! I get the real news. Sounds like you are the one listening to single sided opinions. I can't even say news because real news uses facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM
 
6 posts, read 14,730 times
Reputation: 15
I am a conservative republican and Rush Limbaugh needs to fall off the face of the earth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 PM
 
94 posts, read 315,920 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by joymur12 View Post
I am a conservative republican and Rush Limbaugh needs to fall off the face of the earth!
A conservative republican wouldn't need to tell anyone they are...... and they certainly wouldn't wish anyone to fall off the face of the Earth. Seminar poster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top