U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:39 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,004,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TTC5 View Post
Wow, so much misinformation in one post. I guess that is what happens when you choose to get your information from one side only.

FACT: There has never been a natural seepage of oil on the scale of what is occurring in the gulf in recorded history. Not even close.
FACT: Environmentalists are not pushing oil companies into deeper water. The oil companies chose to drill that deep because they have already exhausted most of the shallow water reserves. Check out this map:
File:Gulf Coast Platforms.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Almost 4,000 wells of the coast of LA and TX and a majority are in shallow water.
FACT: Ixtop oil spill occurred in 160ft of water and it still took 6 months to stop the flow. Sure technology has progressed since '79 but to say that this wouldn't happen in shallow waters nowadays is simply irresponsible.

You need to check your FACTS again because just about every point you made was incorrect. And if you think BP has been transparent and open about everything since this spill happened you are high on the right-wing coolaid.
You're going under the assumption the Reich Wing is honest enough to admit facts. They've been lying since the Eisenhower era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 AM

1,845 posts, read 3,828,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
You're going under the assumption the Reich Wing is honest enough to admit facts. They've been lying since the Eisenhower era.
Yeah , they should be more like that honest and transparent regime that's in power now .

Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM

268 posts, read 664,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
When I saw the title of this thread , I knew it would be a Rush bashing thing . Probably the intent all along .
You forgot to lead off with Megadittoes.
Not to make anything that windbag, non-stop repetitive ba$tard says sound rational, but
if it were not for the dispersants, this oil would remain atop the water and be 100 times easier
to clean up and prevent reaching way inland. Not to mention the toxicity. But if the
dispersants help to conceal the unbelievable scope of the disaster, BPee is all for it.
Rush takes all of the verifiable truths that say that a minisule amount of oil (by comparison)
seeps through the seabed every day to no obvious ill effect, and turns it into "this will all go
away if left alone." This is how he thinks, or rather how he speaks. If it helps stack another brick
in his fantasy about how Poor old Ohbama is to blame, he is all for trying anything. Fat doofus.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalynx View Post
Man, I just have to weigh in here. You people bashing Rush are absolutely clueless about Rush. I love the "pill popping" lines used in present tense. He WAS addicted to meds in the past, um 10 years ago.... He has been clean since after he got help. !!!
Why, because he SAID so? Maybe he said it to protect his career?
I bet the priests said to people who asked that they absolutely had stopped having
sex with children. That show is by robots, for robots. I am not bashing Rush cause I read
that someone liberal wants me to. I bash it because it is unlistenable. People wait hours on the
phone for a slim CHANCE to bend over and kiss his fat A$$ and repeat ad nauseum the catch
phrases and odd positions he takes. He takes the furthest right stance on every issue he discusses
and tries to push the dialogue to the right. This is not a left-right thing with me, I am just a
free thinking individual who knows every issue has a place on the continuum and that
being a bulldog for one side or the other makes you a charicature of a human being and
this particular charicature has a bottle of pills in one hand and who knows what else in the other.
I have a few guesses.
You don't need a demagogue to tell you that if you are a Republican you should in general, be against
Democratic ideas. But you sure ought to weigh each issue on your own, using your own brain and
see that niether side has a monopoly on correctness. But I guarantee, if you were thrown off of your
insurance coverage for having a pre-existing, non-disclised condition and were RUINED by it, I bet you
would not agree with Rush on health care. Stop defending the idiots who speak for you and think for
yourself. I am against welfare babies, too, but I do not embarass myself on the air to align with that
windbag. Just throwing issues out there. Rush doesn't need you coming to his aid, he is indefensible.
The reason I trash Rush is that if you listen to that carp long enough, sooner or later you become
hypnotized and brainwashed by it and don't even know it. Extremism is extremism whether you wear
a towel on your head or headphones.

Last edited by BradfromNO; 07-07-2010 at 12:37 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
Geez, I guess some people are so upset that the hopey changey thing ain't working out.
Haha, that's right, channel the only other Republican worse than Rush.
Well except for the Humpty Hump Michael Steele. Seriously, there is no need to bash one
side or the other. We can bash Rush bi-partisan style.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 PM

94 posts, read 316,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfromNO View Post
But I guarantee, if you were thrown off of your insurance coverage for having a pre-existing, non-disclised condition and were RUINED by it, I bet you would not agree with Rush on health care.
I would like my payout on that bet please. You know nothing about me but if you did, those words would taste horrible as you slowly ate them. You clearly know NOTHING about the health care system that was just passed. You think it is going to cover those of us with pre-existing conditions? You think you are going to get your free healthcare? Seriously dude, you are one who is listening to others make decisions for you. I have read the health care bill, cover to cover. Double or nothing on the top bet that you haven't....... go ahead, claim you did.. Claim it just like you would claim to have listened to Rush's show. Exactly how many seconds of Rush's show did you listen to in the last year? Since you will answer you haven't listened to "that wind bag in years", I will take it to the next level, in the last 5 years, how many seconds have you listened? Oh, still not in range? Ever? How many seconds have you actually listened to Rush's show EVER?

It is so easy to pick out people who have never listened to Rush's show...... They always say the same thing and none of it is true except it is/was someone's opinion that someone heard from someone else who they think knew history/politics and so they just adopted it.

I am not picking on you man, just the type. I wish you well and I'll send you my address so you can send me my bet proceeds.

To the original topic, the oil spill will be cleaned and we will survive.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:19 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,442,173 times
Oh yea we are gona survive, but in the meantime a third or more of the gulf is ruined for years to come, 1,000's of people are out of work because og this gusher, 11 people lost there lives as a direct result of the wreckless drilling practices of one company, BP. Now I ask what are we going to do about it, wait for nature to disolve the mess and go on like nuthin ever happened?

Old 07-11-2010, 11:46 AM

247 posts, read 1,018,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
Geez, I guess some people are so upset that the hopey changey thing ain't working out. Its making them rant that right wing conservatives are aligned with Nazis. That's a good sign of desparate people.

Of course, they never use hate or violence.
The hopey changy thing may be working out fine if the wing nut republicans were't there to stop it every step of the way. They just say no to everything no matter how good it may be or how much sense it makes. They don't want change and they don't want hope. Whatever is good and may help somebody they're against. Whatever's the hard way or the way that most sucks they're for. You have a lot of nerve bashing hope and change when your party won't allow it to happen.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:23 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,828,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipLib View Post
The hopey changy thing may be working out fine if the wing nut republicans were't there to stop it every step of the way. They just say no to everything no matter how good it may be or how much sense it makes. They don't want change and they don't want hope. Whatever is good and may help somebody they're against. Whatever's the hard way or the way that most sucks they're for. You have a lot of nerve bashing hope and change when your party won't allow it to happen.
And it's that simple , huh ? People like you scare me . I thank GOD that somebody is against Obama's idea of " hope and change " .

Old 07-11-2010, 07:20 PM

94 posts, read 316,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipLib View Post
Hummm,, last I heard, The Dems had a super majority in the Senate. They are able to pass anything they want. They NEED republicans on the bills. The reason they want to claim the Republicans are stopping everything is that when it all goes South, as all Dem plans do, they want to say it was a bipartisan effort and blame the Pubs.

Back to the original topic, I don't think we'll be hurt too terribly bad in the short and long term. Sure its tragic, but we will recover. We always seem to recover faster than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana