Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,466,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf2421 View Post
You are right and wrong. He was a US Represenative.
He was in the LOUISIANA State House.

David Duke Online: David Duke Biography

Old 08-27-2007, 08:50 AM

144 posts, read 744,255 times
OK I am chiming in here... with one of those, "for what it's worth!" type-posts.

I just relocated to Mandeville one week ago (anniversary today! yeah!) - earlier post is right. It's beautiful. Wonderful. School, church, parks, all great. However.... my son's entire 2nd grade class is white. I did see some latino kids in the hallway. I did not see anyone darker than that. Incredibly shocking for me, maybe it shouldn't be.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,480 times
I don't know what the bi-racial mix is of the original poster, but when I moved to New Orleans, one of the first things that I noticed was how 'down trodden" the African American population seemed to be. I didn't live in the North Shore, I lived in Jefferson Parish and worked in Mid City. So I can't speak for the North Shore. I visited there but never lived there. I think if I were in mixed race family, I would consider some other places. Believe me, racism exists where I live too...I think it's everywhere. I can't explain myself too well, it just seemed to me that the African Americans in Nola seemed defeated and meek. Is that heavy set Asian guy (Harry?) still the Sheriff of Jefferson Parish? When I lived there he was on the news in a pickup truck shooing nutria on Veterans Parkway. He seemed crazy.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:37 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,466,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
Is that heavy set Asian guy (Harry?) still the Sheriff of Jefferson Parish? When I lived there he was on the news in a pickup truck shooing nutria on Veterans Parkway. He seemed crazy.
Harry Lee is pretty much Sheriff for life.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:31 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Unfortunately, Mr. Kool.

I am not talking about the whole population but this is a fact. Black men tend to be more passionate than their white counterpart to women of any race. White guys have alot of good characteristic that i wish black males would adopt, like being buiness oirientated. I do respect the lady who said that there is a like black racism. I wouldn't want to associated or have anyone as a neighbor who is involved in criminal behavior. The Northshore and New Orleans its time to put away the racism. Look what happen to Atlanta when it put racism away. It became a world class city.
Your comments are wholly stereotypical & not at all "factual". By perpetuating the stereotypes you are perpetuating prejudice / racist attitude & perceptions.

MHO

Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,077 times
OK what is it about this area then, where 50% of the black resident are of French background and many Sicilians tjere also.Why is it so backwards

Old 09-21-2007, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 10,261 times
Default Welcome with Open Arms

I don't why New Orleans and the Northshore gets hit with the racism card all the time. Just last night on TV there was a white lady marching among thousands of black people protesting against something in this very small town not to far from here. The lady was from Alabama. She said on the TV, "There is NO Racism here." And she's right. We look at each other as locals. And for what you and your husband did with adopting, you will gain so much respect for that. You will be so excepted here. Don't you dare worry. Oh, Madisioniville is much prettier. Probably more pricey, but its lovely and smaller. If you have any other questions, please email me. Moderator cut: no personal information, please, due to internet trolls - use direct message featureMy husband is the Lieutenant for that Parish Sheriff's Department. We can possible help you with some DO's and DON'T's neighborhoods. Just like every city in our wonderful country, there will always be a crackville. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-09-2007 at 10:24 AM..

Old 09-22-2007, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Unfortunately, Mr. Kool.

I am not talking about the whole population but this is a fact. Black men tend to be more passionate than their white counterpart to women of any race. White guys have alot of good characteristic that i wish black males would adopt, like being buiness oirientated. I do respect the lady who said that there is a like black racism. I wouldn't want to associated or have anyone as a neighbor who is involved in criminal behavior. The Northshore and New Orleans its time to put away the racism. Look what happen to Atlanta when it put racism away. It became a world class city.
you are an embarrassment. what a racist and ignorant statement. it demeans black men , white men, white women and.....most of all...yourself. it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 AM

794 posts, read 3,357,869 times
Wow. Some of you people just go to prove how backwards Louisiana really is. If I had much choice, I wouldn't move INTO this state. If I had a good opportunity, I'd move OUT of this state. It's a shame, but only time and a change of attitude will change how Louisiana is perceived by the rest of this great country. Wake up people. IT IS the 21st century!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:33 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Closing this post.. Per the Terms of Service you agreed to when you joined City-data.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana