U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:07 PM

2,983 posts, read 2,656,898 times

Advertisements

but my thing is this, if he wants to own a tiger, why not let the tiger out the cage or have some sort of free land that the tiger can run around in when the station isnt open. I'm suprised that the tiger has even lived this long in a cage. (I still agree that the markeing gimick is wrong on so many levels)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 AM

2,049 posts, read 4,710,989 times
First off, its a tiger. an animal. You dont treat animals like humans.
Secondly, he has been allowed to have it. Its a tiger. IT would be out tearing up animals if it was free. Its not like it would be living peacefully with neighboring animals. Thirdly, I dont understand why having MORE freedoms to do things is necessarily bad. All this "only in the South" talk leads me to believe that the North is really strict and regulated to the point that you arent really free to do much of anything. Not to mention that while people are obsessing over this tiger, millions of illegally acquired exotic pets are being caged nationwide. Go cry over those or something.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:35 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,389,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Secondly, he has been allowed to have it. Its a tiger. IT would be out tearing up animals if it was free. Its not like it would be living peacefully with neighboring animals.
It shouldn't have never been here in the 1st place. If it was where it was supposed to be you wouldn't have that problem.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:34 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,552,083 times
With all the problems there are in Louisiana and this is what you're upset about? People have many different kinds of pets. Some are kept in cages. If they are cared for... what's your beef?

So the guy draws a crowd with it. So do zoos.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:28 PM

4,290 posts, read 5,943,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
First off, its a tiger. an animal. You dont treat animals like humans.
Secondly, he has been allowed to have it. Its a tiger. IT would be out tearing up animals if it was free. Its not like it would be living peacefully with neighboring animals. Thirdly, I dont understand why having MORE freedoms to do things is necessarily bad. All this "only in the South" talk leads me to believe that the North is really strict and regulated to the point that you arent really free to do much of anything. Not to mention that while people are obsessing over this tiger, millions of illegally acquired exotic pets are being caged nationwide. Go cry over those or something.
Maybe it should be rephrased "only in the South are people okay with this".

Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,828,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
Maybe it should be rephrased "only in the South are people okay with this".
Really ? Only in the South are wild animals kept in cages ? Damn , I didn't know that . Is there some kind of movement to close all of the Zoo's up North ?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:14 PM

4,290 posts, read 5,943,465 times
A zoo is different than some truck stop roadside attraction, but you seem to prove my point.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,177,728 times
He looks like a pretty content, well-fed tiger to me.

I agree with the poster who said we have more important things to worry about in Louisiana than this stupid tiger.

In case you hadn't noticed, our marshes are currently being killed by toxic oil (all thank you notes should be directed to BP). Just that one problem alone out of many makes this tiger truck stop officially the least of my worries. He doesn't know how to be a wild tiger. He wouldn't last a week in a natural tiger habitat.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:41 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,003,852 times
Excuses are like buttholes. Everybody has one.

To defend the idiot tiger owner sure reveals a lot about your charachter.

You can tell much about a human by the way they treat animals.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:51 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,177,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Excuses are like buttholes. Everybody has one.

To defend the idiot tiger owner sure reveals a lot about your charachter.

You can tell much about a human by the way they treat animals.
Sorry for being more concerned with all of the animals currently being killed and maimed by BP's monumental screw up. Animals in our wetlands are dying for nothing. From what I have seen, this tiger appears relatively healthy and content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or