U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:24 PM

608 posts, read 833,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Sorry for being more concerned with all of the animals currently being killed and maimed by BP's monumental screw up. Animals in our wetlands are dying for nothing. From what I have seen, this tiger appears relatively healthy and content.
You make a fine point, however, it's impossible to reason with bleeding heart environmentalists and animal rights activists. These nut jobs spend so much time worrying about how dogs are euthanized, how long it takes the cow to die at the packing plant, and/or what the fate of a well fed tiger in southern Louisiana is that they show no sympathy whatsoever towards the HUMANS that have been put out of home and work by the oil spill and numerous hurricanes that have afflicted Louisiana within the past few years. Note to activists: (misguided folks in general) Stop protesting at circusses, throwing rocks at Halliburton trucks, and whining about why all states aren't like Cali, Oregon, or some other environmentally mega-restrictive and bankrupted state. Instead, use your energy to help someone find a job or learn a skill, or just simply shut up and keep your baseless oppinions to yourselves! By the way, for those that don't like the South, you have a right to live elsewhere, so please feel free to stop ripping on the Southern USA. -Greaux Saints, and Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 06:09 AM

608 posts, read 833,007 times
By the way, my spelling stinks, so bear with me if you try to read the above reply.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:19 AM

2,049 posts, read 4,711,445 times
also, Louisiana is home to one of the most spoiled tigers on the planet, named Mike. And he lives at LSU in better conditions than most students.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 PM

245 posts, read 415,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaskar002r View Post
A good solution to this problem would be to starve the tiger for a few days and lock the owner in the cage with him. I would even fly to Louisiana and pay to watch the owner get mauled.
Interesting parallel... there are plenty of people who would pay to watch you get locked up in a cage with me.

You generalization of Southerners as all having a "backwards mentality" is no less offensive than having that tiger caged at that damn truck stop. You are being ridiculous. Please tone down your abrasive comments.

A link was supplied to help you find many of the efforts made to remove the tiger. Go read. It was determined the owner is in compliance with the applicable laws. You are absolutely welcome to continue the battle. However, don't let your contempt for the truck stop owner dictate your opinion of Southerners at large. Grow up, and have a nice day.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 PM

244 posts, read 580,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
Interesting parallel... there are plenty of people who would pay to watch you get locked up in a cage with me.

You generalization of Southerners as all having a "backwards mentality" is no less offensive than having that tiger caged at that damn truck stop. You are being ridiculous. Please tone down your abrasive comments.

A link was supplied to help you find many of the efforts made to remove the tiger. Go read. It was determined the owner is in compliance with the applicable laws. You are absolutely welcome to continue the battle. However, don't let your contempt for the truck stop owner dictate your opinion of Southerners at large. Grow up, and have a nice day.

Ok I apologize...I just got swept in the emotion. I would have made a nasty comment against yankees if this happened in the North. Its just that the majestic tigers are on the verge of extinction and we see this....makes my blood boil.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,004,015 times
Too late douchebag. You're a moron. You've proven that. Stupid don't come off with soap.

Move to France. They'd love you there, asshat.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 PM

10 posts, read 9,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Too late douchebag. You're a moron. You've proven that. Stupid don't come off with soap.

Move to France. They'd love you there, asshat.
LOL. Dude got banned, eh?

Last edited by marcus phoenix; 07-12-2010 at 09:49 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 03:56 PM

2,983 posts, read 2,657,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaskar002r View Post
What a bunch of retarded replies by the Natives...pathetic state. I hope your coastal regions and beaches are destroyed permanently by the tar balls.
That was rude. You act as if dogging us is going to fix this. I say a zoo would be better than a gas station cage. I'm still trying to figure out how a tiger can live that long in such conditions(tiny cage and heat).

Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,092,349 times
Default If you care about Tony's fate, please sign this new petition. Thanks!

Urge The LDW&F Not To Renew Tiger Truck Stop Permit | Change.org

Old 07-23-2010, 04:32 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,004,015 times
Hi Oprah.

Still here brainiac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or