Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:35 AM

3,087 posts, read 3,202,917 times

Advertisements

City of lake charles website has released it's latest plans for the economic development of the city. Looks good I must say. Any idea as to what they are going to do w/ that hotel, since the furniture liquidation. What's to come of that space that Pinnacle entertainment decided to give up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 PM

194 posts, read 525,532 times
Well considering how long it took to create the glorified sidewalk (Lakefront promenade), I don't think we'll see the day this is done. The pictures are kinda pretty, but I don't see how it will make Lake Charles any different than what it is now.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtcg View Post
Well considering how long it took to create the glorified sidewalk (Lakefront promenade), I don't think we'll see the day this is done. The pictures are kinda pretty, but I don't see how it will make Lake Charles any different than what it is now.
LMAO, We may, but I'll probably be 2030. I think the gill street extension is supposed to be done to promote development along all that parking space. Then, that area controlled by the police jury would be used as 24 hour mixed use parking. Forget about how long it took to build, look at how long it took them to start.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:16 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,300,374 times
I went with my family on a short vacation on Lake Calcasieu (yes we actually vacationed near Cameron. They couldnt believe it down there either) and I have to say, Lake charles is really becoming a nice town. I remember it as a much smaller more easygoing place when I was younger and it has become a bustling suburban city.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 AM

Even 10 years ago, it wasnt as developed(I remember when we didnt even have a target or marshalls) I kind of would like to see what's to be developed on powercentre pkwy, and on mcneese street once they extend it to LA397. I just hope they don't develop so much that they take up [all of]the rural living.

How did yall decide to vacation in the Cameron Parish? Where did yall stay?

Old 08-08-2010, 01:31 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,300,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Even 10 years ago, it wasnt as developed(I remember when we didnt even have a target or marshalls) I kind of would like to see what's to be developed on powercentre pkwy, and on mcneese street once they extend it to LA397. I just hope they don't develop so much that they take up [all of]the rural living.

How did yall decide to vacation in the Cameron Parish? Where did yall stay?
well originally it was about 20 of us and we stayed last time in one of the rented summer places on Grand Isle. My family grew up around the Acadiana/BR region and loves to fish and hunt and enjoy a bit of the beach. Well when oil began washing up on GRand Isle it was right around the time we had planned the yearly vacation. Had a place booked up and everything (last time it was the Go Tiger house since they are huge LSU fans) so we looked for a replacement. Cameron parish has the large saltwater lake Calcasieu, as well as proximity to several beaches and some pretty decent fishing and crabbing areas by the Ferry launch outside of Cameron. So thats where we went. We actually rented a womans large house down by the lake and it had satellite TV and everything. It was actually a really fun time and my relatives caught the limit of redfish at least twice and we got a few dozen live crabs just crabbing off of piers and boat launches.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:30 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,015,363 times
What beaches are there in Cameron Parish. The city needs to fix up the area east of downtown on IH 10

Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 PM

I actually posted some links about what's supposed to be in store for lake charles on an older thread, you can click here to browse them. But anyway to answer the last person, Holly Beach is in Cameron Parish. But IMO, Lake Charles needs to plant some flowers, I mean everywhere you look, you don't see anything but shrubs.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:59 PM

7 posts, read 18,624 times
What Lake Charles needs is better leadership who will actually encourage job growth.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoobd59 View Post
What Lake Charles needs is better leadership who will actually encourage job growth.
KPLC Hot Topic: Lakefront Setback

KPLC Hot Topic: Lakefront development... take two

It seems that from these two links,they can't even come up w/ an agreement. I mean, I like the idea of apartments(given that they are condominiums and not just more public housing) on top floors and retail and entertainment on bottom floors. They can't come up w/ a decision about tract 1a amongst each other, so how the hell can they encourage growth. The first plans by Cypress Group were rejectedd, Now they are trying at a second chance(click here), I hope they can come up with something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana