U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,157,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Your loss. :P
I find that pretty hard to believe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 07:15 PM

52,215 posts, read 47,914,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
I find that pretty hard to believe
What's hard to believe?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,157,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What's hard to believe?
That I lost anything by blocking a troll.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:25 PM

52,215 posts, read 47,914,697 times
Quote:
Oh.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 983 times
I am taking a class in college called Cultural Diversity. It is what brought me to this site. I was looking on information on racism in the Baton Rouge area. This course which I am now trying to get through my finals has really opened my eyes to a lot of things still going on in this country of ours. What I am going to say may **** some of you off. So be it... I am a white female. I was born in the state of Louisiana and lived in Mississippi and Georgia. I was not raised to hate anyone just because of the color of their skin. Thank God. When is this going to stop people? We have to make it stop. It is wrong all this hate. We are all God's children, all of us. There are good and bad in all races of people not just one or the other. You are wrong to judge someone just because of the color of their skin. What if God was one of us? Just a stranger on a bus? What if Jesus was to walk among you today? What if you could not be sure what he looked like and could even change the way he looked. You should think twice before you do or say hateful things to someone. Remember the Golden Rule... Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If we all truly live by this how can any of us go wrong? You may be saying I'm just some holy roller, well you are wrong. I can't remember the last time I went to church, but I am going in the morning for the first time in a very long time. I'm just someone with a heart. Someone who cares about people in general. I too have had a lot of bad things happen to me, but you should not keep you from being a compassionate person. If you are truly a good person then you know that is as it should be and there will always be some bad, but you should not be bad or say bad things because someone else is or does cause then how can you honestly claim you are a good person. START WITH YOURSELF AND MAKE THIS WORLD A GREAT PLACE FOR ALL OF US TO LIVE AND GROW IN. GOD BLESS US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 PM

431 posts, read 965,199 times
Keriinla59, here's the deal:

I have come to the conclusion that discrimination has far less to do with skin color than it does with social class, or more accurately, social circle. I sincerely believe that a white tax attorney is far more likely to socialize with a black tax attorney colleague than with a white plumber.

I am the Chief Pilot of a fairly large corporation and am training a new pilot who happens to be black. His excellent Naval aviator training is evident, so that makes him my new BFF. I'll freely admit that I will discriminate when I see punks of any stripe or color approaching when I feel threatened, but it is based exceedingly more on body language and general appearance than skin color...

Old 02-05-2012, 01:46 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,364,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLFT View Post
Keriinla59, here's the deal:

I have come to the conclusion that discrimination has far less to do with skin color than it does with social class, or more accurately, social circle. I sincerely believe that a white tax attorney is far more likely to socialize with a black tax attorney colleague than with a white plumber.

I am the Chief Pilot of a fairly large corporation and am training a new pilot who happens to be black. His excellent Naval aviator training is evident, so that makes him my new BFF. I'll freely admit that I will discriminate when I see punks of any stripe or color approaching when I feel threatened, but it is based exceedingly more on body language and general appearance than skin color...
Both true, and eloquently said.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM

94 posts, read 192,198 times
Quote:
What's the definition of a troll? I see that term alot on forums.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 AM

105 posts, read 133,303 times
People need to stop the "race" talk. Yes, many people of different races do not get along because "race" is an arbitrary government created for division of our society. If you have any knowledge of any other country you will know that in Germany people who are considered "white" here are divided by tribes (Franconian, Schwebish, etc). So if you are white you would not be considered the same as another white person. There was a guy named Hitler who tried to defy this by uniting all Germanic peoples.

In Rwanda, people considered black were further divided by race (e.g. Muhutu tribe was a different race than other "black people"). In South Africa, some people considered black in the US are considered coloureds over there. In Mexico and Brazil there are no official "races".

"Race" is a pseudoscience that's meant to divide people and almost every person who does not understand culture buys into it. The best example is Plessy of Plessy v. Ferguson being asked if he was black or white before being asked to move from the white only train section.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:56 AM

14,221 posts, read 20,612,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muer22 View Post
People need to stop the "race" talk. Yes, many people of different races do not get along because "race" is an arbitrary government created for division of our society. If you have any knowledge of any other country you will know that in Germany people who are considered "white" here are divided by tribes (Franconian, Schwebish, etc). So if you are white you would not be considered the same as another white person. There was a guy named Hitler who tried to defy this by uniting all Germanic peoples.

In Rwanda, people considered black were further divided by race (e.g. Muhutu tribe was a different race than other "black people"). In South Africa, some people considered black in the US are considered coloureds over there. In Mexico and Brazil there are no official "races".

"Race" is a pseudoscience that's meant to divide people and almost every person who does not understand culture buys into it. The best example is Plessy of Plessy v. Ferguson being asked if he was black or white before being asked to move from the white only train section.
Race is here and I am proud that I'm black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or