U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 5,270 times

Advertisements

I was born in Independence, Louisiana to Thomas Ingram Tarver and Karen Ferguson, Tarver in 1975. I have a brother named Tom also. He was born in 1973. Our names have changed since then, but we would love to find our real mom. My birth name was Christy Marie Tarver. My mom left when I was too young to remember her. I really don't have any other information on them. From my understanding, Karen was a full blooded Cherokee Indian and Tom Tarver was in the military. The army, I believe. If anyone can be of some help with this, I would greatly appreciate anything!!!! Thank you and have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,515 times
Hi Christy. I have attached a link to a quick Google search I did for you. It looks like it shows basic information regarding your Dad, Mom, Brother and yourself. Was this something you put together? I'm thinking it might have been but I thought I'd post it anyway.
Genealogy Data Page 263 (Family Pages)

If I come across anything else I'll reply back. By the way, does your mom have a middle name or is there any other information or background about her you can provide?

Good luck,
Larry B

Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM

Default Thank you Larry

Thank you for the genealogy. To answer you question , no this is not something that I had done. It looks like someone from my dad's family put in the history. By giving me this information, you have given me more than I have known in 35 years. I don't know anything else about my mom. It looks as though who ever put the history in didn't know much about her either. The only other information that I have is that she was two years older than my dad, which would have placed her birthday in 1943. I truly am grateful for your help. If you do happen to find any other information, I would be glad to have it. Thank you and have a nice day.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,515 times
You're very weclome Chris. I'm glad the information I found has helped you. I have some other information that I have gathered up that may or may not be of help to you but I will send that to you directly in a separate message. I will send that information to you soon.

Larry B

Old 10-09-2010, 11:41 PM

Default Thanks.

Larry,
I just wanted to say thank you again. I look forward to the new information. I spent some time yesterday trying to get a copy of my parents marriage license hoping I could get some more information on my mom. I hit a dead end for hours. I truly do appreciate your help. I am a full time student and a single mom. My time is very taken up and I really can use all the help I can get. Everything you have done so far has really touched my heart. Thanks again.

Chris

Old 10-20-2010, 09:43 AM

121 posts, read 277,389 times
Never knowing my biological father this brings tears to my eyes. People have no clue when they leave children behind the impact that it carries on for many years to come. It seems when we get into our mid 30's we just "want to know". I hope you find the answers you are looking for :-)

Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 PM

97 posts, read 256,073 times
I wish you the best in your efforts and hope you get some answers soon.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:37 PM

14 posts, read 66,614 times
There are a few Tarver's in Many LA. Don't know if they're related, but you could at least call and talk to them...

Old 10-24-2010, 08:55 PM

91 posts, read 214,611 times
have you looked in the local paper about information? May not be on line but if you know someone they can go to the local library for the imformation. it may have your birth there too. i do not know. Just a idea. i know the US cense will be close to you as the date is still to eary for the imformation to be relest.

Last edited by jocko500; 10-24-2010 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 10-24-2010, 09:02 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,197,449 times
i hope you can find them, best wish to you .
good luck..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana