Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 02:45 AM

420 posts, read 478,967 times

Advertisements

Another study for business.....

When the hurricanes hit, louisiana wasn't the no.1 relocation area for the evacuees. It makes me wonder, outside of B.R. and New Orleans will the state still have enough relevancy or appeal to the natives and current residents for them to relocate within the state if they had too? Wanted too?

It cannot be in within the metros of Baton Rouge or New Orleans. And if you live in the states secondary cities such as Lafayette, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Shreveport, or Monroe, would you mind living in the opposite areas? Or maybe your answer maybe that if you can't stay in your respected area then you'd prolly leave the state?

Let me know, I personally feel like I can leave anywhere in the state and still love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 04:50 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,162 times
Sure , I could live in most parts of Louisiana if I had too . New Orleans is definitely on my list of places I would NOT live though . Really , nothing down in that area , Kenner , etc.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:54 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,325,322 times
Id live in Galliano or Golden Meadows maybe. Maybe one of the riverside towns or even Mire. Anywhere but Eunice really.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:15 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,921 times
Actually I could, given that it's still the southern part of the state.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 AM

Hmmmm, very very interesting that we have exceptions.....I honestly have an exception too, a few spot in Central Louisiana, but theres still Natchitoches, Alexandria, Vildalia ....all are nice. I know people in there respected states are faced with this situation to where they may have to move but find satisfaction in still being in their state.

Its just funny how even when you cross the border things instantly change and people too. That's why I find it funny when people say the northern part of Louisiana is similar to Mississippi. Anywhere in this state if you cross that Mississppi River you will experience an instant change. The roads are better, its quieter, and the biggest instant change is the elevation. Same can be said about Texas. Mexican explosion soon as you cross the border, for some reason they dont like our state, you just dont see them as much which means little influence on ours. Another thing is the bbq stands instantly pop up, soon as you leave Shreveport.

My point is, that territorial line around Louisiana means something, it means we are who we are and these are our cultures whether stronger down there and weaker up here, I figure its better than anywhere esle.h

Last edited by Louisiana'sLegend2; 11-13-2010 at 07:41 AM..

Old 11-13-2010, 10:49 AM

167 posts, read 864,576 times
I think I could live anywhere in Louisiana. No exceptions. LA Legend, I think you are saying that Louisiana has a strong identity and presence. And boy, does it. When you go other places, sometimes it is difficult to figure out what its all about. All that being said, I like places in LA that have a long history. The older the better. I could do Natchitoches in a heartbeat, but when we come back it will most likely be Shreveport because we have family around there. You can bet we will be buying into the historic neighborhood though.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Another study for business.....

When the hurricanes hit, louisiana wasn't the no.1 relocation area for the evacuees. It makes me wonder, outside of B.R. and New Orleans will the state still have enough relevancy or appeal to the natives and current residents for them to relocate within the state if they had too? Wanted too?

It cannot be in within the metros of Baton Rouge or New Orleans. And if you live in the states secondary cities such as Lafayette, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Shreveport, or Monroe, would you mind living in the opposite areas? Or maybe your answer maybe that if you can't stay in your respected area then you'd prolly leave the state?

Let me know, I personally feel like I can leave anywhere in the state and still love it.
OMG I love Louisiana and I would gladly live nearly anywhere (in the Southern part). No big cities though. Nothing bigger than Lafayette.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 AM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,042 times
In spite of some rivalry we all had a while back on this forum, I could like living most anywhere in the state. Sometimes emothions get the best of you. I like the country too.

In response to part of your first posting, Llegend, I don't exactly know why we didn't have more evacuaees come up here. It seems that so much of the rest of America thinks that only the small area around NO is Lousiaiana and the rest is ????. Clueless. We were basically untouched by Katrina not even seeing a drop of rain west of Arcadia.

You can educate some people who are willing to listen, but you can't educate everybody. Some people have loud arrogant mouths and ears not connected to the brain. They will never listen or learn.

"Oh you're just like Mississippi!" No. I can see many differences once you cross the state line. Even the people look different. Oh yes. I have the light brown hair/green eyes; that is not common in La. north or south. People mostly are dark brown hair, brown or blue eyed types. my mothers poeple came from Mississippi. Food is someways different (not in a bad way, just different). Texas is the same; gets very different across the border. Even Arkansas, which I cansider the most similar of the 3 states.

In spite of the heat, the bugs, and other critters (this is mostly a summertime problem up in north La) I still like living here and probably would not move away for parts unknown. I like familiarity the older I get and just don't feel like moving away too far. Over the borders would be ok, even up into Oklahoma wouldn't be bad. But any farther and (HMMMM, I don't know about this) it would take longer to adjust, obviously.

Last edited by hdwell; 11-13-2010 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: add info about " genetics"

Old 11-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Hahahahah.......loving how some of you are saying the southern part! But what will you be missing, those same people come up here all the time, go to school and stay up here all the time. That's so funny. Its all good, but once Johnny's pizza spreads throughout the "southern part" minds might change. Louisiana is Louisiana slow pace north and fast pact south.........we yearn for the same spices. North Louisiana is sexy too!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:11 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana