Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 11:09 AM

43 posts, read 127,744 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are moving to Fort Polk early next year, so I am starting to do some research about Pre-K and elementary schools in sorrounding areas.

Can somebody give me a recommendation? Looks like most of the public elementary shcools have Pre-K there? I can't find many private schools, but I don't mind paying extra for a private school, if the quality is worth it. I also don't mind driving up to 30 minutes one way. Anything for good education!

Please let me know. Thank you for your help in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM

So no recommendation at all???

What about schools in Alexandria, assuming the communte between Alexandria and Ft Polk is do-able?

Any info is appreciated!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:18 PM

148 posts, read 574,375 times
I am in the same boat Taro. I'm moving to DeRidder for the next 6 to 7 months. My husband is assigned to Ft Polk. We have been living in our new house in NC but my daughter really misses living with her dad (and so do I) so we are going to join him down there. My daughter missed the Kindergarten age cut off in NC by 10 days, so she has been attending a pricey pre-K program here @ $880/month. They don't have any Tutor Time child care centers in LA so I'm trying to find something with that quality of education but hopefully at a lower price. I tried looking at greatschools.com but seems like she might be attending CDC on post.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Hi, mrsclmn,
Thanks for your response and I am sorry for my late reply. I gave up to hear from anybody so I wasn't really checking this thread.
I think I will send my child to CDC on post too, because I can't find much information about other schools! I will send you a message shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana