U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,390,578 times
Reputation: 1418

Advertisements



New Louisiana state flag with bleeding pelican is unfurled

------------------------------------------------------------
Older, but modern versions of the flag:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed



http://www.crt.louisiana.gov/imageba...578IMG0010.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 01-17-2014 at 05:14 AM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2010, 10:16 PM
 
Location: USA
2,819 posts, read 6,933,256 times
Reputation: 1970
Very interesting. You can see how the artwork has improved over the past years. I wonder if any other state features blood in their state flag?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Monroe!
430 posts, read 339,636 times
Reputation: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Very interesting. You can see how the artwork has improved over the past years. I wonder if any other state features blood in their state flag?
Lol....hahaha. I was thinking the same thing about tthe blood.

Here my thoughts

Is that flag a good representation what Louisiana is all about? One big bird feeding the little birds.....and now there's blood? if you know me you can only imagine what's going through my mind, I dare not to say.

I never particularly like our flag but I have learned to accept it. I think a fleur de lis flag of some sort would be widely appreciated, but ill take what the state gives us....a pelican's version of the nation's eagle feeding birds with blood falling out.

Who dat Louisiana.....we dat with the pelican serving lunch with Union Justice & Confidence...bon appetite!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2010, 11:53 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,390,578 times
Reputation: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Lol....hahaha. I was thinking the same thing about tthe blood.

Here my thoughts

Is that flag a good representation what Louisiana is all about? One big bird feeding the little birds.....and now there's blood? if you know me you can only imagine what's going through my mind, I dare not to say.

I never particularly like our flag but I have learned to accept it. I think a fleur de lis flag of some sort would be widely appreciated, but ill take what the state gives us....a pelican's version of the nation's eagle feeding birds with blood falling out.

Who dat Louisiana.....we dat with the pelican serving lunch with Union Justice & Confidence...bon appetite!
The pelican feeding the three young predate the nation's eagle. Google "A Pelican in Her Piety"
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Monroe!
430 posts, read 339,636 times
Reputation: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
The pelican feeding the three young predate the nation's eagle. Google "A Pelican in Her Piety"
Ok here's one for you. Look up all the louisianan budget cuts and draw the comparision between the cuts and the flag. I'm an artist so I can imagine one bird as education and one as healthcare with a backwards effect of those birds not getting their share, but the one in the middle getting a buffet.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top