U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2010, 06:21 PM
 
450 posts, read 1,868,507 times
Reputation: 303

Advertisements

He is one of the best people Louisiana has ever had but he is a bit too much of an "intellectual" to connect on the Presidential level. He does lack a certain poise or gravitas--he comes across as a brainey but likeable college kid with a mop of Beatle-like hair. He is just not that "imposing" and I think that helps on the world stage. He would be an excellent brain truster or top advisor to a potential President. Maybe if he were taller and spoke with a deeper voice Opps! We already got one like that! Well, enough politics! I just don't want Louisiana to lose him. Would make a great Senator!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 AM
 
1,113 posts, read 1,996,983 times
Reputation: 831
Piyush is not one of the best people the state has ever "had".
The voters got had, that is a more correct statement...

Jindal claims to have spoken to Jesus... both he and his sister. Ask him.

Newsflash, Bobby is a whackjob.

At least Jindal isn't into prostitutes with diapers, like Vitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2010, 05:35 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,359,510 times
Reputation: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
The voters got had, that is a more correct statement...
Like the whole transparency thing? Which happened to be more opaque than anything else.

No, but seriously I think that it would be informative if someone would explain and list what he's actually done for and against the state. Pros and cons, that way the OP can have a somewhat unbiased review of our Governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,076 posts, read 18,211,050 times
Reputation: 7733
Jindal's chief claim to fame in Louisiana is that he isn't Kathleen Blanco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 AM
 
1,113 posts, read 1,996,983 times
Reputation: 831
History and facts revealed a different truth than what the TV portrayed about Blanco.
Shrub should be ashamed of himself. People drowned while he was giving "attaboys" to heck of a job Brownie.

She sure gets flustered easy, I will say that about Blanco. It only took the worst disaster in US history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2010, 03:31 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,076 posts, read 18,211,050 times
Reputation: 7733
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
History and facts revealed a different truth than what the TV portrayed about Blanco.
Shrub should be ashamed of himself. People drowned while he was giving "attaboys" to heck of a job Brownie.

She sure gets flustered easy, I will say that about Blanco. It only took the worst disaster in US history.

According to a friend of mine who was in the command center, Brownie really did do a heck of job. He just took a bullet for the boss. Blanco and her staff were completely paralzyed until Brown came in and started making things happen.

But, in defense of Blanco, who could have been prepared for that? I feel sorry for her. She was overwhelmed by events far beyond her control and apparently will bear a tremendous load of guilt for the rest of her life.

As for Jindal? He's a Rhodes Scholar and if you know anything about that scholarship, and how and why it's awarded, you won't consider it a recommendation. But, after his performance answering Obama on national TV was universally panned, I doubt his handlers will put him out as a serious candidate again. His grandstanding in response to the BP spill wasn't too stellar either. He came across as more as a camera-hogging gadfly trying to make political hay while the sun shined than a serious Governor trying to solve a serious problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
 
450 posts, read 1,868,507 times
Reputation: 303
Default He's no Kingfish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Piyush is not one of the best people the state has ever "had".
The voters got had, that is a more correct statement...

Jindal claims to have spoken to Jesus... both he and his sister. Ask him.

Newsflash, Bobby is a whackjob.

At least Jindal isn't into prostitutes with diapers, like Vitter.
My overall view of what Louisiana has "had" in the name of politics was cast in light of the long legacy of Huey Long. The Kingfish has to be understood in light of his times and the abuses of big oil and the wrenching poverty of the state--he did some real good. But he was impossibly corrupt and simply replaced the old guard white planter aristocracy with his own hill country version of paternalism. So, in comparison to all of that the governor is an improvement. As to "talking with Jesus"--that is evangelical Christian code for a prayer life and a belief that God has a purpose for your life. I don't think he is a candidate for faith healing and the snake handler's revival tent. Anyways, politics is always divisive and I rest my case of it for now. I have found out more about the governor from this thread. I was not aware he was absenting himself from the state and perhaps he is slipping into the grandstanding mode for the Presidency. That is not good.

Last edited by Kurt; 12-01-2010 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Calming the waters. Exiting further political comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 AM
 
1,113 posts, read 1,996,983 times
Reputation: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
According to a friend of mine who was in the command center, Brownie really did do a heck of job. He just took a bullet for the boss. Blanco and her staff were completely paralzyed until Brown came in and started making things happen.

But, in defense of Blanco, who could have been prepared for that? I feel sorry for her. She was overwhelmed by events far beyond her control and apparently will bear a tremendous load of guilt for the rest of her life.

As for Jindal? He's a Rhodes Scholar and if you know anything about that scholarship, and how and why it's awarded, you won't consider it a recommendation. But, after his performance answering Obama on national TV was universally panned, I doubt his handlers will put him out as a serious candidate again. His grandstanding in response to the BP spill wasn't too stellar either. He came across as more as a camera-hogging gadfly trying to make political hay while the sun shined than a serious Governor trying to solve a serious problem.
What is this "friends" name?

I call bullcookies.

Prove it. What is his name. I'd like to contact him to verify your story.

Regardless of tall tales, Piyush is a whackjob. Nice speech! He is dumb as a rock for a Lousyana Edumacated person.
LA only ranks, what... 2nd to last?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 AM
 
11 posts, read 27,311 times
Reputation: 14
SacalaitWhisperer,

I think people come here for objective information and thoughtful commentary about the state, area, city they may be relocating to, not for vitriolic, frat boy, political rants.

Why don't you save that crap for the DailyKook, Huffington Post and Media Matters pages.

As far as his education goes, it's impeccable:
Quote:
Jindal attended Baton Rouge Magnet High School, graduating in 1988. He competed in tennis tournaments, started a computer newsletter, a retail candy business, and a mail-order software company. He spent his free time working at the concession stands during LSU football games.[6] Jindal was one of 50 students nationwide admitted to the elite PLME program at Brown University, guaranteeing him a place in medical school. He was interested in public policy. Jindal also completed a second major in biology. He graduated in 1991 at the age of 20, with honors in both majors.- Wikipedia- accessed 12/20/2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,845 posts, read 3,809,684 times
Reputation: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarePT View Post
SacalaitWhisperer,

I think people come here for objective information and thoughtful commentary about the state, area, city they may be relocating to, not for vitriolic, frat boy, political rants.

Why don't you save that crap for the DailyKook, Huffington Post and Media Matters pages.
Consider the source and move on . Every forum has one ( or more ) like him .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top