U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:40 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,267,185 times

Advertisements

Is Natchitoches considered part of central or northern Louisiana?

And even more importantly, is it more influenced by the culture of northern Louisiana or southern Louisiana?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 PM

431 posts, read 965,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Is Natchitoches considered part of central or northern Louisiana?
Yes.

It's about equidistant between Alexandria and Shreveport, so that places them in the northwest-central part of the state.

Quote:
And even more importantly, is it more influenced by the culture of northern Louisiana or southern Louisiana?
I'm guessing northern, but there may be shades of southern influence. Great meat pies up there!

Old 12-22-2010, 03:28 PM

Interesting. I ask because I've been to Louisiana several times, but half spent most of the time in Lafayette and New Orleans, with shorter stays in Baton Rouge, St. Francisville, New Iberia, and Bossier City. In fact, planning to move to LA in the near future. The places I still need to see are Natchitoches and Shreveport.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I ask because I've been to Louisiana several times, but half spent most of the time in Lafayette and New Orleans, with shorter stays in Baton Rouge, St. Francisville, New Iberia, and Bossier City. In fact, planning to move to LA in the near future. The places I still need to see are Natchitoches and Shreveport.
I haven't been to Natchitoches in years, so your post prompted me to look into paying a visit. The Festival of Lights currently underway might be a good enough excuse to make the drive. From looking at the website, looks like the festival has grown tremendously from what I remember.

Christmas Festival of Lights in Natchitoches Louisiana

Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,805,276 times
I would say the culture of North Louisiana .

Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 PM

42 posts, read 99,445 times
Nice to see you around again RGS. So you are still planning on moveing to our lovely little state?

Old 12-23-2010, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse3 View Post
Nice to see you around again RGS. So you are still planning on moveing to our lovely little state?
Indeed! And thanks!!!

I actually lurk on the Louisiana boards every day. The only three boards I check every day are New Jersey (my unfortunate current residence), Louisiana (my oasis of paradise and everything I aspire to ), and the General U.S.

I'll actually be coming down again in a few weeks. January 20th, I'll be leaving NJ. Stopping in Merigold, MS, and then continuing on to Lafayette the next day. If I had my way, I would be out of Yankeeland already . However, it all hinges on the job situation. Right now, I supervise the customer service department of a local grocery store chain that's only located in the Northeast/upper-Mid Atlantic. I've really been debating different options to break into down there.

I can't wait though. I want more and more and more advice from every Louisiana native I can find. Today I made a call to a friend in New Orleans and just having my phone call be received in LA made my heart jump with joy!!!

Old 12-24-2010, 07:36 PM

42 posts, read 99,445 times
Quote:
Indeed! And thanks!!!

I actually lurk on the Louisiana boards every day. The only three boards I check every day are New Jersey (my unfortunate current residence), Louisiana (my oasis of paradise and everything I aspire to ), and the General U.S.

I'll actually be coming down again in a few weeks. January 20th, I'll be leaving NJ. Stopping in Merigold, MS, and then continuing on to Lafayette the next day. If I had my way, I would be out of Yankeeland already . However, it all hinges on the job situation. Right now, I supervise the customer service department of a local grocery store chain that's only located in the Northeast/upper-Mid Atlantic. I've really been debating different options to break into down there.

I can't wait though. I want more and more and more advice from every Louisiana native I can find. Today I made a call to a friend in New Orleans and just having my phone call be received in LA made my heart jump with joy!!!

We will be very happy to call you one of our own.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse3 View Post
We will be very happy to call you one of our own.
I'll second that!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 AM

68 posts, read 157,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I would say the culture of North Louisiana .
I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana