U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 12:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,198 times

Advertisements

Apparantly, Leesville and Vernon Parish is the perfect place for a fugitve from justice to hide out. Michael Weber has been on the run in Texas since 2001 and is hiding out in in Louisiana. The city and parish have been contacted by Comal County Texas and have not tried to bring him in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM

23 posts, read 102,834 times
The whole of Louisiana is that way. As long as you don't make trouble in that parish, they won't bother with you....consists of to much paperwork and having to do the job they get paid for, to even try.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:55 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,804,730 times
What a load of nonsense .

Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
What a load of nonsense .
Think not? then do your research. check out The Jeff Davis 8, google Jeff Davis Parish, scan the local papers in Lake Charles, Jennings, Welsh, and Lake Arthur. Check out how many of the Law Enforcement have been fired and rehired in the next town, picked up by the state of Texas, or found guilty of things and still keeps their jobs. Check out the death count in the sparsely populated, impoverished parish of Jefferson Davis and just how many of the 29 (loose count) murders since the 90's have been solved. And to add to this, several officers can be quoted as saying "there is just to much paperwork involved to arrest them"
In the last 6 years, 8 women have been murdered, 4+ men have been gunned down in the streets, (again a loose count) and only one person was arrested and he walked into the police station to turn himself in....and has since walked out.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM

Your examples are of Jeff Davis Parish , yet you said " The whole of Louisiana is that way " .

Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Your examples are of Jeff Davis Parish , yet you said " The whole of Louisiana is that way " .
fine, then check out your amount of serial killers in this state. I mention JDP since I have frequent word from there and it seems to be the one hitting the papers here recently and easiest to look up.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:38 AM

I assume you are referring to this one . Police in Louisiana Hunt for Serial Killer Who Has Slain at Least 8 Women

Where are the rest of them that you claim are all over the state ?

Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 PM

595 posts, read 1,019,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylife View Post
The whole of Louisiana is that way. As long as you don't make trouble in that parish, they won't bother with you....consists of to much paperwork and having to do the job they get paid for, to even try.
Maybe You should come spend some time monertering our courts in person,Yea I have been there and Damn sure do not want the state looking for Me.All states have some issues not just La.
This is certanly different than Your issue but I called the city police because there was a out of control party on my street at 2:30 AM cars were parked in front of fire hydrunts to close to STOP a sign had My neighbor blocked in parked in the wrong direction.When the police arrived I ran down the problem and He stated :I will ticket all of them because I like my job ,He was not concerned about paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana