Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:00 AM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbro View Post
I love the urban jungle, etc but then again look at where I live, lol.
I love some things about this place but I'll be happy when I get to move to New Orleans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
I know your a little bias towards N.O., but overall from an outsiders point of view, the people that region seems to have a relaxed confidence, but humble vibe about themselves. Now that's the majority, the inner city get a lil different...Id say N.O. slang and fast talking & B.R. political presence stands out.

But overall....the landscape, food, culture,(some sections more than others but...) is very common in that general area newly known as the PONTRAPLEX!!! (Its gonna stick watch)
I'm not talking about the people, I'm talking about the landscape, development, and even the trees. Tell me how Metairie, Slidell, and Denham Springs are all the same since I'm biased. Or maybe Chalmette, Mandeville, or Gonzales; or any other combo you can come up with.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:09 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong WestbankNOLA but the landscape (minus the landlocked factor of NO) is basically the same. The most noticeable differences come down to architecture and development to me.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong WestbankNOLA but the landscape (minus the landlocked factor of NO) is basically the same. The most noticeable differences come down to architecture and development to me.
What I'm saying is there is no way, unless you really have a short attention span, that you can not ride through all 3 and not know that you are in 3 different places.

------------------------------------------------

Southshore feels looks/feels like a pancake, even though it isn't. Save for levees, even man-made embankments are few and inbetween. There are few hardwood trees and cypress, live oak, and palm dominate.

Northshore gradually elevates, maybe barely noticeable, but there are pine trees everywhere and a lot of other tall trees. It looks like places on the eastern half of the gulf, while BR and NO look more like the western half.

BR, is more subjective, but it has a more inland fill to me. They also have those bluffs here and there closer to the river and the trees are different than on this end.

----------------

I go hard on details so maybe it's just me who notices such things, but I just can't see how they are "all the same".

Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
It will all happen 10x faster if we could only get the entire length of I-12 widened to 6 lanes.

Gov. Jindal to attend groundbreaking for I-12 widening project in Slidell | NOLA.com

Old 03-02-2011, 12:30 PM

WestbankNOLA, lol I don't anyone who thinks that intuitively about each area. We have many Live Oaks and cypress trees in the metro. No cypress in NO metro?!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
WestbankNOLA, lol I don't anyone who thinks that intuitively about each area. We have many Live Oaks and cypress trees in the metro. No cypress in NO metro?!
I think that intuitively about everything, what can I say? But no, I was saying that N.O. is mainly live oaks, palms, and cypress types trees; where the other areas have pine trees and hardwoods mixed in if not dominating.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:06 PM

674 posts, read 1,538,039 times
Quote:
I love some things about this place but I'll be happy when I get to move to New Orleans.
I've been all over Louisiana and been to Baton Rouge and vacinity many times but I've never ever been to New Orleans. Isn't that crazy?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:31 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
I honestly already consider that area one huge metroplex. It all feels the same to me except within the inner cities of N.O. and B.R., kinda like the DFW. I just always say down in da swamps, call it the Pontroplex.

And by the way, I hate how the DFW is continuous. Its a big waste of money and nature. I don't like to see a jackinabox every 3 miles, I think we as a people are so over seeing lights and being cloaked in concrete. Ugh...I'm about to go sit under a pecan tree and kiss on it before the "urbandevelopers" ruin my chance at a homemade pie.
Give anhyting to see a JITB over here again in Shreveport. Never known a bunch of people anywhere more stuck on McDonalls and Barger Kang

Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Give anhyting to see a JITB over here again in Shreveport. Never known a bunch of people anywhere more stuck on McDonalls and Barger Kang
#dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana